Re: Definition of "technology": proposed modification

For proposed definition of technology, do we want to say "functionality
composed of markup language(s), programming language(s), style sheet(s),
data format(s), or API(s)", since we have a singular term "technology" with
plurals (example: markup languages, etc.) in the definition, so need to
specify how plurals are combined if necessary to satisfy definition of
singular term (that is, a technology could be composed of one or more items
from the given list) .

Then, do we want to link to/definitions for what specifically constitutes a
markup language, programming language, etc.?   I notice that none of these
items is currently defined in the WCAG2.0 Glossary [1], but there may be
links to definitions elsewhere. For example, CSS2.1 [2] defines a "style
sheet" as:

"A set of statements that specify presentation of a document.
Style sheets may have three different origins: author, user, and user
agent. The interaction of these sources is described in the section on
cascading and inheritance. "

Such definitions may be useful in consideration of specifically what a
technology is for purposes of future WCAG2.0 conformance in terms of
baseline.

  QUESTION: Is this list of items denoted by "markup language(s),
programming language(s), etc" a "closed set"?   In other words, would there
ever be some other additional (different) kind of item in the future that
might qualify for inclusion in the list?  Do we want to restrict
"technology" to just those five items mentioned, or do we want to allow the
possibility of future inclusions, by saying "functionality composed of (for
example) markup language(s), ..etc.)?

SIDE OBSERVATION:  I notice that some of the definitions in [1] are
complete sentences, and others are merely clauses (not complete sentences).
For example, the definition of "feature" is a complete sentence, whereas
"function" is defined as a clause (not a complete sentence).   Should we,
for consistency's sake, have definitions be in one or the other
formats?   Should all definitions have a common template for expression of
the definition, for uniformity of expression?

Thanks and best wishes
Tim Boland NIST

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/appendixA.html
[2]: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/conform.html