Re: quicktips (Re: Validity)

Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG) wrote:

>another point for PRO:
>http://www.w3.org/WAI/References/QuickTips/
>
>Introduction
>The following ten "Quick Tips" summarize key concepts of accessible Web design. These tips are not complete guidelines; they are only excerpts of concepts from the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 (WCAG 1.0).
>WCAG 1.0 includes information critical to understanding and implementing the Quick Tips. See the WCAG Overview for descriptions of WCAG documents, such as the Checklist for WCAG 1.0 that lists the WCAG 1.0 checkpoints in tables grouped by priorities.
>
>Point 10:
>Check your work.(http://www.w3.org/WAI/eval/) Validate (http://validator.w3.org/). Use tools, checklist, and guidelines at http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG

This is a way to check your work. An easy "process" tool, not a goal.
Big difference. I won't list that in a PRO list.

I already mentioned that validation should be a best practice, a way to
quickly check your work, and a rough estimate of some accessibility
issues. It's not an accessibility issue itself: it include a variety of
different cases, some of them related to accessibiliy, some not. They
must be covered by others guidelines, of course, if they are relevant to
accessibility.

Anyway, I agree with you that we should define what guidelines 4.1 is
for, at any level of priority.

Maurizio