Re: ALT and TITLE Clarification

For point 1, alt text should not be always a description but is an alternative (textual).
thi point 2 expose one of these cases: images in a input botton, but also an image toolbar.
Think to a menubar: alt text for every image is an alternative text for it, not a description.
Another example: w3c conformance buttons for xhtml, css, ... These alt text don't made an image description but take on the text "Valid .....".