From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Wendy A Chisholm
Sent: 2004-02-13 2:53 PM
To: Michael Cooper; WAI GL (E-mail)
Subject: Re: Mapping HTML Techniques to WCAG 2.0

I disagree with "The title element: 2.4.1.x - need to create a success
criterion"
Guideline 4.1 says, "use technologies according to spec."  "title" is a
required element in HTML 4.01 [1], thus html:title must be used and is
covered by success criterion/guideline 4.1.

Thank you,
--wendy

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/global.html#edef-TITLE

--