RE: WCAG 2.0 Checkpoint "Handles" or Short Names

Hmmmm

This is the danger when we try to have handles that convey meaning -- rather
than just being handles,  we start trying to make the handles into
meaningful checkpoints.   If we could make the checkpoints that short and
still be accurate then we should.

Otherwise I think the handles should be only long enough to be distinct from
each other and to provide a memory cue.    The reader should not rely on the
handle for understanding -- but should return to the text of the checkpoint.
Else we will get into great trouble.

If you know the checkpoints - then the cues below should be enough for you
to identify each one.  If you don't know what the checkpoint says - then you
must look it up -- which is what we want people to do.    Not make up one in
their head based on a 3 word cue or phrase.

Perhaps like

1) Perceivable
  1.1  Equivalents
  1.2  Synchronize