RE: Query about support for Hebrew

MessageThis is the company that I reported about in my email entitled NAKDAN

Note: they do not have a typical screen reader -  the user has to copy and
paste bits of the web site into their screen reader. The screen reader will
then read the section to you or add vowels. It does not render content as
"interactive" so it can not be used for surfing but for rendering specific
sections of content. You must have partial vision to operate their screen
reader.

I spoke with them a month ago and they had  no concrete plans to develop an
interactive screen reader that could be used by people without vision. It is
a good tool for some learning disabilities, but it is it is priced at about
the average monthly salary. ( most people with learning disabilities earn
less)

The tool for author to put on a specific site, that reads the site to a user
($2950) also only helps users with vision and is not interactive.
The summary of their , and other products is at
http://ubaccess.com/hebrew-access.html

I recommend that we coordinate when talking to these companies. It will give
them a clearer idea of what they need to do to build a screen reader

All the best,
Lisa Seeman

UnBounded Access

Widen the World Web