Re: suggestions for where working group members can get involved

Hi Jason
I am confused <grin>.

1.
I got a different response from Wendy on this issue
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2002JanMar/0193.html

2.
In relation to your statement
'Thus I would suggest making your argument without
relying on this supposed distinction'
I have no 'argument', the intended work was to put
forward a number of ways of distinguishing between
accessibility and usability. That was it.
The intention being that this would be in some way
useful to the working group.
I was responding to Wendy's request to get involved
where she refered to the to the issues document.
The specific issue being number 55.
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wcag20-issues.html#55

I certainly don't want to engage in work that is not
necessary, so would appreciate if you could give me
some *joint* guidance on this.

Won't do anything until I get your response.

Cheers
Graham

On Sat, 26 January 2002, Jason White wrote

> goliver@accease.com writes:
>  > Wendy
>  > Issue number 55
>  >
>  > http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wcag20-issues.html#55
>  >
>  > talks about the accessibilty / usability conundrum.
>  >
>  > I would like to volunteer to do the following
>  >
>  > 1. Suggest several ways of creating the distinction
>  > between usability and accessibility based on prior
list
>  > discussion and my own 2 NZ cents worth (remember
thats
>  > not much in your money :-)
>  >
>  > 2. Post this to the list and try and reach
consensus on
>  > what we mean by accessibility and what we mean by
>  > usability, in terms of WCAG 2.0.
>
> This has been discussed before at meetings. The group
agreed to drop
> the usability/accessibility distinction and instead
to rely on other
> terms and concepts in making decisions relevant to
the guidelines.
> Thus I would suggest making your argument without
relying on this
> supposed distinction, unless you ahve a good,
compelling reason to
> reopen the issue.

AccEase Ltd : Making on-line information accessible
Phone : +64 9 846 6995
Email : goliver@accease.com