  From: Charles McCathieNevile [mailto:charles@w3.org]
  Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2002 6:01 PM
  To: Scott Luebking
  Cc: andrew.mcfarland@unite.net; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
  Subject: RE: CSS versus tables

  Well, it wuld be worth trying to get some real results from a serious sample
  of developers.

  Anyway, it is true for almost any rectilinear result I have ever tried to
  achieve that I find CSS is easier and faster to code than tables. (As I have
  said, fewer and fewer people do these by hand anyway, they use a simple
  piece
  of layout software, so the question doesn't really seem so important)

  Cheers

  Charles