Re: List etiquette

At 11:01 AM -0400 2001/7/29, Joe Clark wrote:
>If this seems a tad nitpicky to you, answer this question: How would
>*you* like to plow through three preceding messages with a screen
>reader?

Oh, I agree -- both that it's nitpicky and that it's correct :) (it's
damned hard to be nitpicky when you're wrong!) -- as the proper way to
follow up to a message is to cut out anything you're not responding
to, and put comments inline.

However, that got me wondering if such a thing is difficult to do
depending on one's disability.  (I realize that the majority of people
who just "hit reply and type in a paragraph" are likely not disabled
in any way.)  If it's hard to plow through those messages with a
screenreader, is it likewise hard to edit them properly in a
screenreader?

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>