From: Chuck Letourneau [mailto:cpl@starlingweb.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 1998 8:40 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: TABINDEX

I too have had a difficult time coming up with a practical example for
using TABINDEX in a FORM.  I have to design a very complex and poorly
ordered form to make TABINDEX useful, and it seems much easier to just
design the form well from the start.

However, I have started using TABINDEX to provide the user with a way of
easily skipping over any NAVIGATION bar or advertising links that may lurk
at the top of my pages.   I generally assign TABINDEX=1 to what I feel is
the most important link on the page (quite often the "Next Page" link), and
go on from there as systematically as I can.  Usually the last "n" tab
stops correspond to the standard nav-bar (or nav-bar text alternative)
links.

Happy holiday season to all,
Chuck Letourneau

At 22/12/98 07:24 PM , you wrote:
>It seems to me that providing a tabindex which runs coutner to the flow of
>the page may be fairly disruptive. Thoughts?
>
>--Charles McCathieNevile -  mailto:charles@w3.org

----
Starling Access Services
 "Access A World Of Possibility"