Re: interesting software

I don't think this is a good approach. The most that this can do is pont up a
design that fails one of the most basic rendering tests. My experience with
multi-browser testing is that it generally gives false-positives for
accessibility, so I am much less enamoured of it than I was. It seems to me
that as a technique it actually requires a fair degree of skill to interpret
the results. So If we were to specify a minimum set of tests I think we
should also point out what these tests do and do not show.

Charles

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:

  this is an interesting piece of software.  Not sure it helps much with
  testing for accessibility.  What do others think? is this worth mentioning
  in the validation section of the techniues doc as a reference?

  >BrowserMaster
  >Use this program to see how your Web page will look at different
  >window sizes, including 640x480, 800x600, and 1024x768. BrowserMaster
  >takes into account the Windows Taskbar, and you can choose whether it
  >should assume the user places the Taskbar horizontally or vertically
  >on the screen or minimizes it altogether.
  >http://www.pcworld.com/r/shw/1%2C2087%2C6345%2C00.html

  --wendy