RE: Add TABs to Central Document -- not

I strongly agree with David.  The derivation & common usage of "TAB" is
generally regarded as pejorative and would be out of place in this
guidelines document.

The concept can much more affirmatively be expressed here by discussing the
concept of "Universal Design" -- design for the full range of functional
variation, be it disability-related or situational, also ensuring
compatibility with existing assistive technologies.

- Judy

At 05:25 PM 6/5/98 -0400, David Clark wrote:
>I am not sure we want to use the exact term "tab" in the doc. Although the
>concept is correct, I see it as a pejoritive term used by us when talking
>among ourselves.
>
>David Clark
>CAST, Inc.

Judy Brewer   jbrewer@w3.org     617-258-9741
Director, Web Accessibility Initiative International Program Office
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
MIT/LCS Room NE43-355
545 Technology Square, Cambridge MA 02139 USA
http://www.w3.org/WAI