Re: call for agenda items for this weeks telecon (terminology)

Dan Connolly wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 06:14, Graham Klyne wrote:
>
>>At 10:04 PM 2/27/03 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
>>
>>>It's not exactly RFC2396's absolute URI plus optional fragment;
>>>that doesn't include http://example/Andrȷ ,
>>>which may be in the vocab of an RDF interpretation.
>>>This non-ascii stuff is the bit that's too new to
>>>import from any ratified spec.
>>>cf. TAG issue IRIEverywhere-27, cited from concepts section
>>>6.4 RDF URI References).

The williams issues are relevant here.

He doesn't like the term RDF URI Reference because:
1: it looks like RDF doing its own thing rather than following other
peoples' leads (despite the fact we were trying to follow charmod)
2: an HTTP URI reference starts http: ...

He likes the term IRI, we could import this term from XML Namespaces 1.1;
and it does not have "reference" in it but is very nearly what we use
except for the NFC stuff.

I think we should await input from I18N before nailing this one down.

Jeremy