Re: RDF concepts

Comment on this new draft (sorry if I'm reopening something here):

In section 2.4.2 the draft says:  "The label on a node indicates what
that node is meant to represent...Some URIrefs may indicate web
resources, and a node thus labelled denotes that resource.  Other
URIrefs represent abstract ideas or values rather than a retrievable Web
resource...".

It seems to me that we can't decide in our concepts document what
URIrefs denote (especially since RDF doesn't know whether a URIref is
that of a retrievable Web resource or not).  If I write triples

<http://www.mitre.org> ex:corporateName "The MITRE Corporation"

with the intent that <http://www.mitre.org> denotes The MITRE
Corporation, it may be a poor choice of URIref for The MITRE
Corporation, but that's still what it denotes, right?  On the other
hand, if what Section 2.4.2 says is correct, it seems to me that the
Model Theory ought (if it doesn't already) state that what the URIrefs
of retrievable Web resources denote is predefined.

--Frank