Re: xml:lang [was Re: Outstanding Issues ]

Pat, I don't think it's anything like that bad.

It is also possible for a literal/string to have *no* language, which is
what I'd expect for (say) numbers.  (Though there was a suggestion from
outside that no-language matches any language, which I'd oppose to avoid
the kind of confusion you raise.)

I'm not sure what it would mean to write a literal "35"/fr, or whatever,
but I'd assume that would not be in the range of the kinds of datatype we
have been discussing.

Which is just my way of saying what others have said.

#g
--

<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>