Re: Datatyping desiderata, take 2

Graham Klyne wrote:

> Updated document attached.
>
> I've tried to at least acknowledge areas where there appears to be some
> alternative opinion.
>
> #g
>
> --------------------------
>         __
>        /\ \    Graham Klyne
>       /  \ \   (GK@ACM.ORG)
>      / /\ \ \
>     / / /\ \ \
>    / / /__\_\ \
>   / / /________\
>   \/___________/

>    RDF-Datatyping-Desiderata.htmlName: RDF-Datatyping-Desiderata.html
>                                  Type: Hypertext Markup Language (text/html)

Graham,

I've been trying to get my head round this datatyping issue (I've been
previously standing back) by starting with your very timely desiderata
doc.

I'd suggest you condense the redundant items in the desiderata list (it
seems to me also that 7 restates 5 and 6 (rather than 4 and 5) and that
4 follows from 3) - before we start using these item numbers to score
off the proposals.

Also, I lost the point of the list of idiom examples: idiom B and idiom
P are shown to be the same (modulo prefix). Have I missed something?

Martyn Horner <martyn.horner@profium.com>
Profium, Les Espaces de Sophia,
Immeuble Delta, B.P. 037, F-06901 Sophia-Antipolis, France
Tel. +33 (0)4.93.95.31.44 Fax. +33 (0)4.93.95.52.58
Mob. +33 (0)6.21.01.54.56 Internet: http://www.profium.com