Re: question: URIs with & character

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 12:02:16PM +0100, Brian McBride wrote:

> > Since the tests are not under a publicly-readable CVS archive,
> > seems like the best we can do is to say that the only tests that
> > were approved in the Sep 12 WD are in:
> >
> >  [1] http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/RDF-Test-Cases-2001-09-12.zip
>

> Oops, have I been misunderstanding?  I've been pointing to test cases from
> the issues list document.  Are you saying that test cases under
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/
>
> Are not publicly readable?  I can read them, so they are presumably at
> least member readable.

Of course the tests are publicly readable.  However, the repository does
not have a *CVS archive* that is publicly readable [thus no labels
or version history is available].

For example, the W3C's source tree has a CVS archive that is publicly
readable:

 http://dev.w3.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/

It would have been very nice if the RDF test repository could have been
stored in that CVS vault.  The problem with doing that is that the W3C
does not have the fine-grained access controls that would permit WG
members to only have write access to the repository directory.

Perhap we should move the repository to a place where the public
can freely access all of the CVS information.

> > and that any test or directory not in [1] or is different than
> > the same file in [1] has NOT been approved.
>

> So to tell whether a test is approved or not, I have to download the
> zip file?  That doesn't seem very satisfactory.
>
> How about we include a status in the test case files?

I put the following in the WD says

[[
 The test cases described and referred to in this document may also be
 updated, replaced or obsoleted at an any time.
]]

to give us the flexibility to do what we want, when we want.