17 Aug 2016


See also: IRC log


Kaz, Daniel, Michael, Bowen, Dave, Frank, Taki, Uday, Xueqin, Yingying, Joerg, Sebastian, Kazuaki, Ryuichi


quick updates

dp: goes through the agenda
... would Yingying to talk about the joint call with oneM2M

yc: will have a joint call on 31 August at the usual IG call slot

dp: how to share the information?

yc: copied the information to the IG member list

dp: ok

<yingying_> joint meeting with oneM2M

dp: we should collect comments/questions for the joint call

jh: not just questions but joint understanding would be good
... one volunteer for oneM2M liaison, Yongjing from Huawei?

yc: yes, he is from Huawei

jh: we had controversial discussion on vocabulary for specific industry domain
... we should explain our approach, e.g., Thing Description, to them
... and we should be ready to understand their approach

dp: agenda of the joint call: TD, vocabulary in domains, check Beijing minutes
... will collect questions to ask them

WG preparation

dr: need W3M approval to bring the Charter to the AC review
... will talk with Wendy and Alan
... identifying candidate Chair(s) is one of the issues to solve

dp: Chairs need to be identified before TPAC?

dr: before the AC review

ka: we got a comment from Wendy and need to respond to her about that

dr: will talk about that as well during the call with her


dp: demo setup
... Kaz converted to PDF

-> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2016Aug/att-0019/demo-setup.pdf demo setup

dp: if possible, would include the air conditioner and the curtain from Fujitsu
... showing the demo step by step
... each building block
... any comments?

kaz: looks good
... already talking with the meeting planner about this setup
... the main contact is on vacation but will be back on Monday, 22nd

dp: ok
... next idea is having roll-up poster
... created a template for that purpose

ka: we need frames for the roll-up posters?
... do we want the meeting planner team to provide the frames?

dp: yes, if possible

ka: will ask them about this as well

<scribe> ACTION: kaz to ask the meeting planner team about the roll-up poster frames [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/08/17-wot-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-74 - Ask the meeting planner team about the roll-up poster frames [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2016-08-24].

jh: how many roll-up posters?

dp: 4
... maybe 5-6

ka: are all of them roll-up ones?

dp: same style would be better

ka: ok

dp: we'll have 4 tables and people on those tables
... Sebastian volunteers to lead the TD part
... still need 3 more leaders
... Scripting API, Protocol Bindings and Full Scenario
... Frank, are you interested?

fr: definitely interested
... want to work with Matthias
... for Protocol Bindings
... still need somebody for ECHONET

ka: somebody from Panasonic or Fujitsu?

dp: yes
... how about air conditioner and curtain by Fujitsu?

kn: possible
... (couldn't hear)

dp: only ECHONET support?

kn: as far as I know, Panasonic and Fujitsu support only ECHONET

dp: add contributors for Full Scenario

rm: the facility for the demo will be available for TPAC too

dp: add Nimura-san and Matsukura-san to the wiki
... still not sure about Panasonic

-> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_Portugal,_Lisbon_Demo Demo wiki

dp: Sebasitian, could you show what you've done?

sk: put the roll-up image on the wiki

-> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:TPAC-2016-roll-up.jpg TD roll-up design

sk: pictures there
... Thing Description is used to understand what "Things" provide, how to interact with each other, etc.
... you can propose alternative design, etc.

dp: any comments so far?

sk: good to show this kind of poster to explain what "Thing Description" is like

dp: ok
... please send your comments

jh: do we have a chance to put information on the demo?
... maybe we could have 3 sections
... issues, building blocks and demo description
... may put another figure in the demo section as well
... what do you think?

dp: split the poster area into 3 parts?

jh: yes, 3 sections
... semantic silos, Thing Description as the building block to solve the issue, and demo description

sk: should put one demo for the poster?

jh: maybe some abstract information
... a kind of guideline

dp: will add the information to the template
... my question is contact information for W3C

dr: will check within the Team

sk: would be nicer if we could get the original files

dr: we can contact the Comm Team about them
... including the red "Fragmentation & Siles" picture

dp: used Photoshop to create the template
... can provide the photoshop file

ka: yeah, providing the vector graphic would be better

dp: ok

<scribe> ACTION: dpeintne to provide the SVG version of the roll-up poster template [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/08/17-wot-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-75 - Provide the svg version of the roll-up poster template [on Daniel Peintner - due 2016-08-24].

dp: what about the WoT presentation during the AC meeting?

ka: talking with the Meeting Planner Team proposing Tuesday

dp: ok
... next PlugFest
... not actual PlugFest other than the demos

ka: the joint scenario part is PlugFest, isn't it?

dp: right
... my question is whether we want to have another PlugFest on Thu/Fri

ka: we can concentrate on feed back from PlugFest on Thu/Fri

jh: discussion on evaluation and next step as well

dp: we might want to put remote PlugFest topic on the agenda too
... (adds online PlugFest to the agenda)
... next joint meetings with other groups

-> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_Portugal,_Lisbon#Outreach_and_Ad-hoc_meetings list of joint meetings

<sebastian> I have to go. cu

dp: progress?

ka: have talked with MMI and they're interested
... will talked with other groups (Accessibility, AUtomotive, DAS, TV Control)

dp: Spatial Data group?
... Sebastian has left...
... what about Web Bluetooth?
... who would contact them?
... anybody in that group?

jh: we should think about topics for the joint meetings too
... Automotive:

ka: Automotive WG working on WebSocket-based network I/F
... should be integrated with the WoT framework
... also security as mentioned
... vehicle signal definition (Vehicle Signal Specification) might be of interest too

dp: DAS:
... recall several discussions
... on mailing list and during TPAC
... Tobie was the main contact
... any other topics?

ka: generic sensor API and other APIs

dp: EXI:
... recall discussions on JSON representations
... MMI:
... had a call with them

ka: we could reuse MMI as advanced UI for WoT framework

ud: regarding DAS, should we include device description?

dp: if you mean semantic description, maybe it would be included in spatial data

ud: maybe from the viewpoint of device too
... another question is time slot for the joint meetings

dp: our group will meet on Thu/Fri
... and we can visit their meetings on Mon/Tue

-> https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/schedule.html TPAC schedule

ka: we need to talk with the group Chairs about the concrete time slots

dp: let's see
... next Spatial Data:
... will check with Sebastian
... TV Control:
... similar to MMI?

ka: they're working on API definition for TV tuners/recorders
... how to integrate the TV Control API-based tuners with WoT is the key

dp: next Web Bluetooth:
... put "protocol bindings" as a keyword

ka: yes, one of the possible legacy protocols

dp: GSMA liaison?

dr: Natasha is the liaison contact
... they're working on IoT security guideline
... maybe 20-min slot or less

dp: add "GSMA IoT security guidelines" to the TPAC agenda wiki
... any other comments?

dr: Google is getting more interested
... maybe we might want to reserve a slot

ka: Dave, who from Google are you talking?
... we had discussion with Scott Jenson
... he is talking within Google

dr: talking with Danbri

ka: maybe talking with multiple contacts from Google might be confusing...

dp: Dave will keep us updated

ka: regarding schema.org, we'll we talk with Max Senges?

dr: yes, and Dan

mc: Max and Dan are representing the same effort

IG Deliverables

dp: people are still on vacation
... how to proceed?

ka: we've already got group consensus for publication

dp: what about the tech landscape

ka: Soumya will come back shortly
... let's check with him
... regarding the tech landscape document

dp: ok

ka: regarding other three documents, I can work with the editors for publication

dp: can we publish those documents before TPAC?

ka: yes

dp: Content/Technological discussion
... Hydra vs TD?

-> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2016Aug/0010.html Bergi's comment

mc: a comment
... Hydra and TD are both sort of description
... Hydra is rather build-in hyper media control
... interested in further investigation
... can come back with some more information

dp: looks like there is some similarity

mc: can respond on the list as well


dp: would like to clean up the remaining actions
... next week
... there are lots of actions remaining

jh: suggestions/comments for the agenda of the next call?
... input contributions to the f2f
... please send your comments on the list

[ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: dpeintne to provide the SVG version of the roll-up poster template [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/08/17-wot-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: kaz to ask the meeting planner team about the roll-up poster frames [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/08/17-wot-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/08/17 13:44:51 $