Web of Things Interest Group Teleconference

07 Apr 2015


See also: IRC log


lbolstad, Johannes_Hund, Daniel_Peintner, Dave_Raggett, Dom_Guinard, Claes_Nilsson, Radim_Zemek


<trackbot> Date: 07 April 2015

<jhund> hi. yeah, sorry, daylight savings is a headache

<jhund> ok, so its not me :)

<jhund> do we have a volunteer to scribe?

<dape> scribe: dape

<scribe> scribeNick: DP

changes to the agenda

<dape> 1. domain report

<dape> 2. IG contributions

<dape> 3. Logistics (F2F Munich + TPAC)

<dape> JH: Any comments/Updates?

<dape> None

Domain Report

<dape> JH: Some information about smart grid domain..

<dape> JH: I gave report (see minutes last week)

<dape> ... many propriatory protocols... mapped to more generic protocols.

<dape> ... information will be added to use case documet... otherwise please use mailing list

IG Contributions

<dape> JH: we had contributions on use cases on the mailing list

<dape> Claes: Added use case on heath care

<dape> Claes: Use case is about monitoring system

<dape> ... about devices that people are wearing

<dape> e.g., wrist band

<dape> in future much more is possible...

<dape> technical issues: user interface needed only during installation... not while running

<dape> wrist band uses mobile phone

<dape> communication is M2M

<dape> phone used as router

<dape> app in cloud should be allowed to access wrist band

<dape> JH: Question: basic connectivity... plus authorization is important... OAUTH is one possibility, UMA could be another technology

<dape> JH: Did you see besides Discovery and Authentication other building blocks?

<dape> Claes: we have common issues. low power stack... 6lowpan

<dape> .. security proxying through mobile

<dape> JH: How long lasts battery?

<dape> Claes: should last longer than one day... power consumption is a real issue

Pull request GIT hub rep

<dape> JH: Erik defined XML structure

<dape> JH: could adapt to question / answer style

<dape> ... use cases are cross-linked between use cases

<Claes> Use Case Remote health monitoring system: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2015Mar/0057.html

<dape> ... XSLT creates out of XML the W3C style

<dape> GI server automatically creates html output

<dape> JH: Feel free to comment

<jhund> https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/1

<dape> JH: Will post link on pull request on github

<dape> DR: We can discuss more details in Munich

<dape> Dom: we try to move web object standards (COMPOSE Project) to W3C

<dape> Dom: Will try to present current status in Munich

<dape> Dom: We try to "turn" it to a standard (no standard yet)

<dape> JH: Dom, please share information for F2F contribution

<dape> Dom: currently compose-centric... however we can try to enlarge it

<dape> Dom: XXX will present demo

<dape> Dom: I will present the actual format

<dape> JH: please add more information on wiki..

Logistics F2F

<dape> JH: Dave send registration form..

<dsr> See https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/75874/munich15/

<dape> JH: Monday is open day..

<dape> speakers are invited from different domains.. to gain a broader picture

<dape> JH: Any suggestion for a speaker? please contact us

<jhund> http://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting:_20-22_April_2015_in_Munich

<dape> JH: Still open issues, e.g. invitation letter.. will send information on mailing list

<dape> JH: in case of F2F proposal.. contact me, Johannes Hund or add to wiki

More meetings

<dape> JH: Summer in America... October at TPAC

<dape> JH: Hosts, please speak up...

<dape> DR: About hosting ... mabe offline works better

domain reports

<dape> JH: setup wiki

<dape> JH: Dom, you added entry... can you present it next time?

<dape> Dom: sure

<jhund> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Domain_experts

<dape> JH: maybe during telco right after F2F

<dape> JH: feel free to add talk and propose fitting dates

<dape> .. Dom, please enter fitting date

<dape> JH: anybody else willing to share domain knowledge?

<dape> JH: outcome of relevant research projects... please let us know..

<dape> JH: reached end of agenda... any further comments

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/04/07 08:40:38 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/(COMPOSED/(COMPOSE/
Found Scribe: dape
Inferring ScribeNick: dape
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching previous ScribeNick pattern: <DP> ...
Found ScribeNick: DP
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching ScribeNick pattern: <DP> ...

WARNING: 1 scribe lines found (out of 141 total lines.)
Are you sure you specified a correct ScribeNick?

ScribeNicks: DP, dape
Present: lbolstad Johannes_Hund Daniel_Peintner Dave_Raggett Dom_Guinard Claes_Nilsson Radim_Zemek
Agenda: http://irc.w3.org/?channels=wot

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 07 Apr 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/04/07-wot-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]