ISSUE-100: Specifying the order of property constraints (e.g. with sh:index)
Specifying the order of property constraints (e.g. with sh:index)
- SHACL - UI
- Raised by:
- Holger Knublauch
- Opened on:
- As a little non-validation "annotation" feature similar to default values, I suggest that all property constraints may have an xsd:integer-valued property called sh:index that can be used to give hints about the relative ordering of properties. This information may be used to arrange widgets in a user interface, to pretty-print properties in Turtle or JSON-LD files etc.
sh:predicate ex:givenName ;
sh:index 0 ;
rdfs:label "given name" ;
sh:predicate ex:familyName ;
sh:index 1 ;
rdfs:label "family name" ;
to hint that given name should appear before family name.
I believe this is easy to specify, easy to ignore by those who don't need it, yet may find widespread use - TopBraid would certainly support this in various places. We already have sh:index in sh:Function definitions, to specify the ordering of arguments, and I am simply suggesting to pull this one level up, to sh:AbstractPropertyConstraint.
- Related Actions Items:
- No related actions
- Related emails:
- Re: Can we freeze the Tracker for while? (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2015-11-09)
- Re: Can we freeze the Tracker for while? (from email@example.com on 2015-11-09)
- Re: Can we freeze the Tracker for while? (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2015-11-09)
- shapes-ISSUE-100 (sh:index): Proposal to allow (optional) sh:index for property constraints [SHACL Spec] (from email@example.com on 2015-10-07)
RESOLUTION: Close ISSUE-100, add a property sh:order (datatype: xsd:decimal) to property constraints (and inverse ones), to represent the relative ordering of property constraints, for uses such as form building
Display change log