W3C

Research and Development Working Group Teleconference

14 May 2014

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Shadi, Klaus, Justin, Yehya, Annika, Christos
Regrets
Simon, Giorgio, Markel, Vivienne, Kerstin, Peter, David, Simon
Chair
Shadi
Scribe
Yehya

Contents


User Modeling Research Report

Christos: in the next 2 weeks we will have a draft answering the comments of the group

Web of Things and Virtual Reality Catalog Items

SAZ: web of things and the virtual reality: what is the status of these

Klaus: we are at the status of sharing them. At the end of the week we will share them with the group

SAZ: great!

face-to-face meeting availability https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/47076/rdwgf2f/

SAZ: F2F. Simon an I are working on organizing a F2F at ICCHP, where 6 people might participate. Still unsure if we can do it!
... would it be possible for Klaus to participate at the pre conference?

Klaus: I can not commit, but I will send a colleague to F2F

I will not be able to participate on the 8th

Annika: I will arrive on the 8th and can check if I can participate after the plan has been isuued

SAZ: it will be difficult to . I will check back with Simon
... Annika: can you participate on Monday?
... we still wait for feedback!

Accessible eLearning Research Report

SAZ: Justin: how is the work on the symposium results is going on

Justin: we may provide results within a month, may be earlier, doing my best

developing research catalog items

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Research_Topics

SAZ: we were hoping to use ICCHP to push catalog items forward
... people were taking topics from the research topic list and put them into catalog item and develop them into catalog items
... catalog items has many purposes: to inform researchers and to interconnect people working on accessibility research

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Research_Topics#Proposed_Research_Topics_.28in_Chronological_Order_of_Creation.29

SAZ: we want to review and find volunteers to take over the work. We expect more topics, please add new topics may be somebody else may work on them
... what is your opinion, which of the topic lis is most interesting

<Justin> good

<Justin> both good

SAZ: Accessible security
... Cloud computing accessibility

<Justin> how about augmented virtual reality

Klaus: we have combined augmented and virtual reality. If needed we can separate

SAZ: read through all topics

<Justin> accessible cloud systems

accessible security

<Justin> and security -

<Justin> especially banking systems

SAZ: accessible privacy?

Klaus: I can take more items, but not able now to tell which ones I am interested in

SAZ: everybody please contribute to the list. Any topic even if the title and only two lines at least!

I will add the topic emotions and accessibility to the topic list

SAZ: annika any topics, may be cognitive disabilities

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/community/auto-wcag/

Annika: I will look into recent topics and try to contribute e.g. auto-wcag

SAZ: cognitive is a broad topic. Mental health disorders as a sub topic sounds very interesting
... I encourage people to have look at the list until next week. If interested in taking up an item to put it as a catlog item please send an e-mail to the list and we will discuss it

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-05-14 17:52:22 $