W3C

- DRAFT -

LD4LT group

10 Apr 2014

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
dave, felix(joining_late), alex, ali_H_Vahid, gary_lefman, Georgia_petasis, jgracia, john_mccrae, martin_benjamin, maud_ehrmann, philipp_cimiano, roberto_navigli, semantic_web_company, tatiana_gornostay, victor_rodriguez_doncel
Regrets
Chair
dave
Scribe
fsasaki

Contents


<victor-rodriguez> hello all

<Tomas> Tomas = M.T. Carrasco Benitez, European Commission, Luxembourg

<Tomas> Best Practices for Multilingual Linked Open Data Community Group - http://www.w3.org/community/bpmlod

<Tomas> Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group - http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Main_Page

<Tomas> Multilingual Electronic Dossier (MED) - http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/site/med

<GabrielaVulcu> As I mentioned earlier to Dave, today I have to leave at 9:30 due to another commitment. See you next time.

<Tomas> CSV on the Web Working Group - http://www.w3.org/2013/csvw/wiki/Main_Page

<Tomas> I am member of Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group (dwbp)

<Tomas> David Lewis

<jgracia> Open Linguistics WG http://linguistics.okfn.org/

<Tomas> One should considered merging and/or specifiying how the different activities fit

<victor-rodriguez> I hear some annoying echo

<victor-rodriguez> #ld4lt

<Tomas> Please self-scribe and put links

<cimiano> I mentioned the ontolex community group in my contribution: http://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/

<cimiano> I al

<cimiano> I also mentioned the work of the Open Linguistics group that is trying to provide an overview of the linguistic datasets available at datahub and generate a cloud diagram for linguistic linked datasets: http://linguistics.okfn.org/

<cimiano> See the cloud diagram here: http://linguistics.okfn.org/resources/llod/

<jgracia> Dave: already existent metamodels of LRs (non LD technologies): LRMap, META-SHARE

<Tomas> Big Multilingual Linked Data (BigMu) - http://dragoman.org/mw7/bigmu.txt

<jgracia> One of our tgets: help them mving their metadata and resources as LD

work of ld4lt group

dave is discussing goals of group - converting (metadata about) language resources into rdf

tomas: there are three traditions for parallel corpora
... traditionally they were very small
... now there are really big corpora
... and there is linked data
... parallel coropora should be packaged somehow so that you don't have linked data on one side and parallel text on the other side

dave: very interesting
... I am working on FALCON project, here also there is parallel text as linked data

<Tomas> A go at combining: linked data + big data + multilingual parallel text

dave: dave, can you say - are you using a schema for parallel / linked data?

tomas: I am working on offical journal
... terabyte of multilingual parallel data
... I don't have a solution, rather a feeling of the problem

<jgracia> could you mute yourselves when not speaking? there is a lot of echo

<Tomas> DGT-Acquis - http://ipsc.jrc.ec.europa.eu/?id=783

jorge: for moving existing data into linked data:
... we already have a scheme
... we could involve most people in this

<Tomas> The intention is to have the next version DGT-Acquis to follow the linked data approach

<scribe> ACTION: jorge to send to the mailing list a pointer to the owl ontology inviting for comments [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/04/10-ld4lt-minutes.html#action01]

dave: jorge, please kick a conversation on the public list off
... would be good if we could get people from upf

<Tomas> Web as a Medium - http://dragoman.org/dagstuhl/carrasco.pdf

felix proposing to discuss relation between already multilingual linked data sets, e.g. dbpedia and wikidata. hoping to involve stakeholders here of both communites. happy to try to bring the right people for this here.

<AlexOConnorTCD> Is Tomas suggesting automatic / semit-automatic linking?

<AlexOConnorTCD> Otherwise the OKFN is probably the most prominent attempt to solve this

<victor-rodriguez> oh sound quality is dropping fast

<jmccrae> Is someone in Chernobyl with a Geiger counter?

<scribe> ACTION: felix to contact the people who work on multilingual linked data sets (dbpedia, babelnet, wikidata, ...) to this group and to foster the discussion between them [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/04/10-ld4lt-minutes.html#action02]

call time and upcoming group meetings

<victor-rodriguez> convenient for me

dave: is this slot ok for everybody?

<jgracia> Quick reminder of the next "face to face" meeting in Madrid: https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/wiki/LD4LT_Group_Madrid_May_2014_Meeting

<Tomas> We need a uniform way to address the multilingual resources: wiki, RDF, etc; small (record size) and big (whole database)

dave: also localization world event, then i semantics (in September)

<Tomas> Links for Reykavik?

<scribe> ACTION: dave to check with sebastian about ld4lt meeting with i semantics [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/04/10-ld4lt-minutes.html#action03]

dave: we will put up a calendar and make sure that this is populated
... there is a link to the athens workshop
... there will be a report coming out, felix working on that
... via mail list we will structure that info more
... we have issue + action tracker tha we can use for the group

thanks all for the interesting discussion!

scribe: will send out notes from the meeting and start activities by mailing list

<RobertoNavigli> thanks, very useful!

<RobertoNavigli> thanks!

<cimiano> thanks, bye bye

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: dave to check with sebastian about ld4lt meeting with i semantics [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/04/10-ld4lt-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: felix to contact the people who work on multilingual linked data sets (dbpedia, babelnet, wikidata, ...) to this group and to foster the discussion between them [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/04/10-ld4lt-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: jorge to send to the mailing list a pointer to the owl ontology inviting for comments [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/04/10-ld4lt-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-04-10 09:13:32 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/see/say/
Succeeded: s/topic: call time/topic: call time and upcoming group meetings/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: fsasaki
Inferring Scribes: fsasaki
Present: dave felix(joining_late) alex ali_H_Vahid gary_lefman Georgia_petasis jgracia john_mccrae martin_benjamin maud_ehrmann philipp_cimiano roberto_navigli semantic_web_company tatiana_gornostay victor_rodriguez_doncel
Got date from IRC log name: 10 Apr 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/04/10-ld4lt-minutes.html
People with action items: dave felix jorge

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]