CSV on the Web Working Group
The mission of the CSV on the Web Working Group, part of the Data Activity, is to provide technologies whereby data dependent applications on the Web can provide higher interoperability when working with datasets using the CSV (Comma-Separated Values) or similar formats. As well as single CSV files, the group will define mechanisms for interpreting a set of CSVs as relational data. This will include the definition of a vocabulary for describing tables expressed as CSV and locatable on the web, and the relationships between them.
THE WORKING GROUP IS NOW CLOSED!
Discussions and mutual support for implementers, publishers and spec developers of the technologies developed by this WG are encouraged in the CSVW Community Group.
- Mailing lists
- All Working Group participants are automatically subscribed to the group's main discussion list public-csv-wg (public archive).
- Comments from the public on the documents produced by the Working Group are welcome on the general public comment list public-csv-wg-comments (public archive). All Working Group participants are automatically subscribed to this mailing list, too.
- Chairs of the group can be contacted through the group-csv-chairs; the corresponding archives are confidential to the chairs and the W3C staff.
- Meeting records of the Working Group are public
- Github repository for the documents developed by the WG
Main Working Group Deliverables
Recommendations and Notes published by the Working Group
- Model for Tabular Data and Metadata on the Web, W3C Recommendation
- Published on the 17 December 2015: http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/REC-tabular-data-model-20151217/
- Metadata Vocabulary for Tabular Data, W3C Recommendation
- Published on the 17 December 2015: http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/REC-tabular-metadata-20151217/
- Generating JSON from Tabular Data on the Web, W3C Recommendation
- Published on the 17 December 2015: http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/REC-csv2json-20151217/
- Generating RDF from Tabular Data on the Web, W3C Recommendation
- Published on the 17 December 2015: http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/REC-csv2rdf-20151217/
- CSV on the Web: Use Cases and Requirements, W3C WG Note
- Published on the 25 February 2016: http://www.w3.org/TR/2016/NOTE-csvw-ucr-20160225/
- Embedding Tabular Metadata in HTML, W3C WG Note
- Published on the 25 February 2016: http://www.w3.org/TR/2016/NOTE-csvw-html-20160225/
- CSV on the Web: A Primer, W3C WG Note
- Published on the 25 February 2016: http://www.w3.org/TR/2016/NOTE-tabular-data-primer-20160225/
See the full charter for further details.
W3C Working Group Resources
- Art of Consensus (guide to working at W3C) (W3C member confidential)
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Process Document
- All W3C Groups (W3C member confidential)
- Telco tools
This Working Group operates under the W3C Patent Policy (5 February 2004 Version). To promote the widest adoption of Web standards, W3C seeks to issue Recommendations that can be implemented, according to this policy, on a Royalty-Free basis.
For more information about disclosure obligations for this group, please see the W3C Patent Policy Status Page.
Email the chairs and staff contacts at firstname.lastname@example.org.