W3C

HTML Weekly Teleconference

20 Mar 2014

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
paulc, Sam, Eliot, jaymunro, Plh, Daniel_Austin, adrianba, cabanier
Chair
Paul
Scribe
plh

Contents


Action items

Paul: none

HTML 5.0 issues

Paul: only one is issue 151, about WHATWG references in the status section of the document
... Sam sent a note about that earlier and we're working with the editors
... we're trying to make sure we have everything covered

issue-151?

<trackbot> issue-151 -- Remove WhatWG and html5.org references in status section of document -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/151

Last Call Status

Paul: Polyglot
... one large LC comment, worked on by the editor

<paulc> One section to revisit: https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24451#c9

Eliot: there is one section that needs to be revisited. should be done in a couple of days

POaul: once this gets closed off, the LC will be done and we'll need to figure how to get to CR
... so, we'll need exit criteria

Eliot: Leif is making a draft for that
... should have something in a couple of weeks

W3C DOM4

Paul: that's in last call
... didn't hear back from Robin

plh: I don't have an update unfortunately

Paul: ok, we're still on schedule. there are issues in the spec btw

longdesc status

Paul: TF preference is to skip CR phase
... Status: "The A11Y coordination team continues to make progress on the Exit Criteria. We are getting closer to reaching consensus.

Good news is the implementation report is getting developed in parallel."

Paul: the individuals are all at CSUN this week

CR progress

Paul: Moving canvas2d back to last call
... it appears that the hit region algorithm is in the L2 spec, and they're trying to figure which subset needs to be in L1

Rik: it's becoming apparent that what people think is in the spec is not there
... we're working on it

Paul: any discussion in the sub-team on if f2f discussion?

Rik: I won't be able to attend (conflict with SVG)
... and Rich won't be able to either

Paul: ok, we'll figure the next steps

status of HTML 5.0

Paul: good news, we're done to 0 bugs
... only remaining is the one about at risk features
... see also https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24812#c11

plh: this is a moving target discussion btw. firefox shipped this week without an HTML5 feature (input color). blink-dev is discussing whether to remove another one (style scoped)

Paul: big thanks to the HTML editors for their work!

https://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/HTML_Normative_References

plh: Robin has been cleaning some of the references earlier this week
... this affects HTML5

Paul: 4 specs are still problematic
... re features at risk. the bug concentrates on the list from the status

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24812#c10

scribe: any study on others?

plh: c10 is one of them
... we'll have hundreds of test results in time for f2f

f2f meeting

Paul: end date for registration is March 28
... long list of potential topics

https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2014-04-Agenda#Potential_Topics

Paul: plh, you've been talking about testing results
... Mike came with canvas results in the past

plh: i expect we'll generate test results in the week of April 1

Paul: ok, I added a forward pointer to that in the agenda
... announcing the test results as early as possible will be useful
... for media task force, we're aiming on the second day in the morning
... we'll need a teleconference facility

Daniel: we'll have this

AOB

Paul: we covered testing results

plh: re MSE tests from Google. is there someone looking at them>

paul: it's been taken care of. won't have them stable by f2f

<tobint> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webperf/raw-file/tip/specs/ResourcePriorities/Overview.html

tobin: I'm from the web performance working group
... following up on resource priorities

<tobint> http://www.w3.org/2013/11/14-html-wg-minutes.html#item19

tobin: the work is continuing ion web performance

<tobint> http://www.w3.org/2014/03/19-webperf-minutes.html

tobin: some questions making sure we're still in sync with HTML 5.1
... just want to make sure the html group is aware of it

paul: this is an extension spec
... is this an item where you need hooks or future merge?

tobin: potentially, we might ask for a merge

paul: if your working group needs hooks, please feel free to ask
... thank you to the editors for getting us to 0 bug

next meeting

plh can scribe again

Sam will chair

[adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-03-27 15:09:44 $