W3C

Research and Development Working Group Teleconference

29 Jan 2014

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Klaus, Gerardo, Shadi, Simon, Annika, Yehya, Vivienne
Regrets
Kerstin, David, Giorgio, Markel, Luz, Mark
Chair
Simon
Scribe
Yehya

Contents


https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/40

<sharper> <http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Weekly_Call_Scribing>

<sharper> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2012/easy-to-read/note/ED-E2R

KM: the changes were editorial. Some changes to the section, which defines E2R

SAZ: explains how to move forward according to W3C procedures
... give people one week to look to the document and to check if their comments were addressed properly. If yes the docu can be published

<shadi> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/47076/E2R-Draft/results

KM: will make a lsit of changes made

<sharper> ACTION: klaus to see if the list of change requests and changes are available for E2R [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/29-rd-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-51 - See if the list of change requests and changes are available for e2r [on Klaus Miesenberge - due 2014-02-05].

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/conformance/comments-20130226

SAZ: brings an example of another WAI group to show how a working draft looks like

https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/38

<shadi> https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/38

Vivienne: senntence broken at third para.
... approach and content are great

<klaus> +1

<Vivienne> Yes, there are 3 paragraphs starting with 'we'

SAZ: has some comments - the use of pronoun "we" is may be in appropriate

<Vivienne> 4th paragraph could say "topics already covered include:..."

SAZ: not to have specific symposia but rather the output

<Vivienne> It doesn't say much about the webinars or how people get the research to people

SAZ: not a blanket invitation to everybody - describe the uniqueness of the group - Highlight the impact of the group

Annika: more inviting focusing on the user, take their point of view , where they can help in accessibility

<shadi> RDWG FAQ http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/process

SAZ: additionally what you can expect from the group

<sharper> ACTION: klaus to share details of the two upcoming Catalogue topics. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/29-rd-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-52 - Share details of the two upcoming catalogue topics. [on Klaus Miesenberge - due 2014-02-05].

<sharper> ACTION: markhu to Update the group on the Next Topic [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/29-rd-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Error finding 'markhu'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/users>.

<sharper> ACTION: markku to Update the group on the Next Topic [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/29-rd-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-53 - Update the group on the next topic [on Markku Hakkinen - due 2014-02-05].

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: klaus to see if the list of change requests and changes are available for E2R [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/29-rd-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: klaus to share details of the two upcoming Catalogue topics. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/29-rd-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: markhu to Update the group on the Next Topic [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/29-rd-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: markku to Update the group on the Next Topic [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/29-rd-minutes.html#action04]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-02-16 09:56:23 $