W3C

- DRAFT -

Media APIs TF call

22 Jan 2014

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Kaz, Giri, Daniel, Skim, JC, Cyril, Paul, Bin, Sheau, Wook, WuWei, Mark
Regrets
Chair
Bin
Scribe
jcverdie, JC

Contents


Review AI

<scribe> ACTION: Items to http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/open [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Error finding 'Items'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/users>.

<Bin_Hu> https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/products/7

<kaz> agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2014Jan/0002.html

Bin: let's review the action items associated with Media API

AI 125 https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/125

Bin: I dont know if it's still valid. Kaz?

<kaz> action-125?

<trackbot> action-125 -- Giuseppe Pascale to Draft use cases related to metadata -- due 2013-11-21 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/125

Regret+ Giuseppep

<kaz> jc: can check with Giuseppe offline

<scribe> ACTION: jcverdie to ping giuseppe to update ai 125 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-180 - Ping giuseppe to update ai 125 [on Jean-Charles Verdie - due 2014-01-29].

Bin: next one is 163 assigned to Yosuke
... I believe this one is closed?
... since gap analysis is finished
... 164 assigned to Giri
... same, gap analysis. to be closed

<gmandyam> No objection from me to close AI 164

<scribe> ACTION: Bin to close 164 and 163 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-181 - Close 164 and 163 [on Bin Hu - due 2014-01-29].

Bin: Next is 168 assigned to me. I believe it is closed too

<kaz> close action-163

<trackbot> Closed action-163.

<kaz> close action-164

<trackbot> Closed action-164.

<kaz> close action-168

<trackbot> Closed action-168.

close action-181

<trackbot> Closed action-181.

Bin: 169 has been integrated. let's close it
... 177: all the question marks have been cleared as gap analysis is finished
... suggest to close it

close action-169

<trackbot> Closed action-169.

close action-177

<trackbot> Closed action-177.

Bin: next one is 178 start a req document
... still ongoing ( same for 179)

Schedule of cleanup work

Bin: We proposed in the previous meetings to finish the work by end of January
... still ongoing so need to adjust the schedule

jc: remaining actions are the wrapup doc and reshaping of use cases

Bin: two aspects. finish the TF notes as mentioned previously and reshaping use cases
... and next big action is what's the next step

<CyrilRa> Daniel_Wester is CyrilRa

Bin: Accept new Use Cases and iterate on requirements, gap analysis, ...
... Also involve in Working Groups or CGs such as Tuner API and @@@

jcverdie: I suggest we go ahead with CG creation and announce to the IG so that people interested can join
... otherwise if we start talking in the IG it would slow down the process
... regarding use cases a few have been mentioned recently offline in the mailing list

kaz: who would chair the CG?

Bin: here's a proposal. by end of Feb Giuseppe and myself finish our AI and we can wrap-up existing work
... While we discuss new scope of the work
... Giuseppe, JC and I will discuss the schedule for the new round of the TF
... ... We can go ahead on the creation of the CG. We need to discuss (w/ Kaz also) about how to do this

JC: Can Kaz help us on how to properly create a CG?

<scribe> ACTION: Kaz to discuss with JC, Bin about the details of how to create the CG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-182 - Discuss with jc, bin about the details of how to create the cg [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2014-01-29].

RRSAgent: list actions

<scribe> ACTION: Bin to discuss with Giuseppe and JC about schedule of the next iteration of the TF [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-183 - Discuss with giuseppe and jc about schedule of the next iteration of the tf [on Bin Hu - due 2014-01-29].

JC: is your idea to fix a schedule and do as much work as we can in the timeframe ?
... or make the schedule flexible depending on how many UC we get?

Bin: I think we'll have a flexible schedule
... Agenda item 3 has been dropped. AOB?

(everybody snorring)

Congratulations Bin you made it in 30 minutes :)

Bin: next meeting next week or in 2 weeks?

<Bin_Hu> Thank you :)

Kaz: 2 weeks is fine, but I'd like to suggest things for the next round
... I've shared some idea on the public list
... We could create a wiki page to record these new ideas

<ddavis> +1

+1

<scribe> ACTION: Kaz to create a wiki page to gather new ideas for the next round of the TF [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action06]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-184 - Create a wiki page to gather new ideas for the next round of the tf [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2014-01-29].

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Bin to close 164 and 163 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Bin to discuss with Giuseppe and JC about schedule of the next iteration of the TF [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: Items to http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/open [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: jcverdie to ping giuseppe to update ai 125 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Kaz to create a wiki page to gather new ideas for the next round of the TF [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: Kaz to discuss with JC, Bin about the details of how to create the CG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html#action04]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-01-22 15:54:26 $