W3C

- DRAFT -

Protocols and Formats Working Group Teleconference
06 Jan 2014

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Rich_Schwerdtfeger, janina, James_Craig, Michael_Cooper, Matt_King, Joseph_Scheuhammer, Jon_Gunderson
Regrets
Chair
Rich
Scribe
clown

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 06 January 2014

<richardschwerdtfeger> meeting: W3C WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

<richardschwerdtfeger> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Jan/0000.html

<richardschwerdtfeger> Happy New Year

zakim GVoice is Joseph_Scheuhammer

<scribe> scribenick: clown

<richardschwerdtfeger> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Jan/0000.html

advancing to PR

RS: the only thing that is keeping us from PR is the menu events.
... James reported that generating the events in Safari may take longer.
... we might need to make this a MAY

JS: it is a SHOULD. The MUST comes in *if* the browser uses the events. Then they *MUST* be as follows.

Face to Face

Janina: Can you come Matt?

MK: No, I cannot make it. WIll there be a network participation?

Janina: We will have something set up.
... and, we should also try to have some social event.
... and if there is another topic you want to discuss, pleas bring it up so we can add it to the agenda.

<MichaelC> PF FtF Jan 2014

RS: let's not discuss ARIA 1.1 issues. We don't have a quorum.

Various: discussion of who may come to the face-to-face and who may not.

<richardschwerdtfeger> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/1

RS: we should go through open issues and actions for ARIA 1.0

action 358

action-358?

<trackbot> action-358 -- Michael Cooper to - investigate modification of schema to address default values for particular roles -- due 2012-04-30 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/358

MC: I don't think this is critical for going to REC.
... I thought Shane has an action to work on this.

RS: Do we need for ARIA 1.0 for going to rec?

MC: No, I don't think so.
... I just need the proper DTD lingo for this.
... Let's move it to 1.1.
... next action 601 is shane's action; so these are linked. Move them both.

<JonGund> It is cold here

action-691

action-691?

<trackbot> action-691 -- Michael Cooper to Propose an approach for adding ARIA landmarks to the specs and work with editors -- due 2012-11-23 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/691

MC: Next actions are on me.
... It's a nice to have, not a must, but it would be really good to do.

RS: Let's give it a date then.

MC: I should tackle by 22 January.

JS: All the documents?

MC: Yes, I'll try to do it in the generator.

FIx up generation of tables.

MC: I think those three actions should have a due date of 22 Jan.
... actions 1011, 1062, 1065

Action-1151

action-1151?

<trackbot> action-1151 -- Michael Cooper to Create a flowchart or process diagram of the ARIA accessible name computation -- due 2013-01-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1151

MC: I don't think it's critical, but it is challenging.
... I think it's better to focus this on 1.1.

RS: Yes, that can wait. It would be nice to have.

JS: It would nice, if the computation is language specific (Html, SVG), then generate the flow chart as we change the spec.

MC: we do want this to be backward compatibility.

RS: But, we could say that the 1.0 algorithm is for, say, html 4.
... that's bascially all of the actions/issues.
... anything for the UAIG?

JS: Let's look at the issue/actions.

https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/10

JS: There are zero.

MC: Yes, we tried to close all the UAIG issue/actions during the last weeks before the break.

RS: we will meet next week.
... there is Martin Luther KIng day here in the states.
... But I will be working.

JS: It isn't a holiday here in Canada.

tracbot, make minutes public

<trackbot> Sorry, clown, I don't understand 'trackbot, make minutes public'. Please refer to <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc> for help.

<trackbot> Sorry, clown, I don't understand 'trackbot, make log public'. Please refer to <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc> for help.

<trackbot> Sorry, clown, I don't understand 'trackbot, set logs public'. Please refer to <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc> for help.

<trackbot> Sorry, clown, I don't understand 'trackbot, set log public'. Please refer to <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc> for help.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-01-06 15:44:44 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/would nice to/would be nice to/
Succeeded: s/computattion/computation/
Succeeded: s/isn'at a holiday/isn't a holiday/
Found ScribeNick: clown
Inferring Scribes: clown
Default Present: Rich_Schwerdtfeger, janina, James_Craig, Michael_Cooper, Matt_King, Joseph_Scheuhammer, Jon_Gunderson
Present: Rich_Schwerdtfeger janina James_Craig Michael_Cooper Matt_King Joseph_Scheuhammer Jon_Gunderson
Found Date: 06 Jan 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/01/06-pf-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]