W3C

- DRAFT -

Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

21 Nov 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
nigel, Mike, [Microsoft], Plh, mijordan
Regrets
Michael_Jordan, Frans_de_Jong, Cyril_Concolato, Thierry_Michel, Andreas_Tai, Glenn, Adams
Chair
nigel
Scribe
nigel

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 21 November 2013

<glenn> yes

<scribe> scribeNick: nigel

action-88?

<trackbot> action-88 -- Mike Dolan to Make sure the TTML media type is properly registered for Issue-175. -- due 2013-10-31 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/88

mike: We have closure on wording, need to communicate to IANA. Need to know who the contact is and how to respond.
... Last time it was just an email exchange.

<scribe> ACTION: plh to tell mike contact details for proceeding with IANA registration [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-tt-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-245 - Tell mike contact details for proceeding with iana registration [on Philippe Le Hégaret - due 2013-11-28].

http://www.w3.org/2013/10/timed-text-charter.html

http://www.w3.org/2013/11/ttml-charter-diff.html

mike: please could you summarise TTWG at TPAC?

jdsmith: +1

http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/tpac

nigel: above is agenda, with links to minutes
... summarises TPAC meeting

<scribe> ACTION: nigel to take deliverables of draft charter to TAG for scrutiny [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-tt-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-246 - Take deliverables of draft charter to tag for scrutiny [on Nigel Megitt - due 2013-11-28].

plh: dsinger is addressing WebVTT licensing issues, which may delay charter.
... part of the issue is that the WebVTT documents were created under a different license

mike: will take up the licence issue with dsinger directly.

action-241?

<trackbot> action-241 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to Edit charter by next tuesday -- due 2013-11-22 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/241

close action-241

<trackbot> Closed action-241.

action-242?

<trackbot> action-242 -- Nigel Megitt to Action mark_vickers to ask ig to provide input in external groups list in new charter -- due 2013-11-22 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/242

plh: contact Dan Appleqvist directly (the chair) with precise details of what we're asking TAG to do and provide.
... What kind of technical feedback would you like from TAG for the charter.

<plh> Daniel Appelquist, Peter Linss

<plh> https://www.w3.org/Member/Mail/

IANA Registration

action-245?

<trackbot> action-245 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to Tell mike contact details for proceeding with iana registration -- due 2013-11-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/245

plh: thought Mike already had the contact details.
... will forward the original email request or provide the information here.

action-223?

<trackbot> action-223 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to Find iana tracking number for resubmit of mime type registration -- due 2013-10-24 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/223

close action-223

<trackbot> Closed action-223.

close action-226

<trackbot> Closed action-226.

action-227?

<trackbot> action-227 -- Nigel Megitt to Inform plh when issue(s) filed in order to coordinate -- due 2013-11-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/227

close action-227

<trackbot> Closed action-227.

<plh> mike, email address is iana-mime@iana.org

action-229?

<trackbot> action-229 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to Answer the ebu liaison letter -- due 2013-11-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/229

<plh> use [IANA #711352] at the start of the subject header

close action-229

<trackbot> Closed action-229.

action-235?

<trackbot> action-235 -- Nigel Megitt to Post ebu input document re: issue-288 -- due 2013-11-18 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/235

Document now available via email at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2013Nov/0026.html

close action-235

<trackbot> Closed action-235.

<plh> action-239?

<trackbot> action-239 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Raise this issue -- due 2013-11-22 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/239

mike: requests that the issue is codified better

plh: notes that it's for pal to codify, as part of the action

action-240?

<trackbot> action-240 -- David Singer to Consider the problem of the license change from cg to wg, with the ac and ab and staff -- due 2013-11-22 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/240

nigel: action open as philippe mentioned before, nothing to add at this point. Action is in progress.

action-243?

<trackbot> action-243 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Edit dsinger's proposed wording which captures the intent. -- due 2013-11-22 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/243

<scribe> ACTION: nigel to send text version of TPAC minutes to public list - tracker will then combine the issues and actions and associate them automatically. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-tt-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-247 - Send text version of tpac minutes to public list - tracker will then combine the issues and actions and associate them automatically. [on Nigel Megitt - due 2013-11-28].

action-244?

<trackbot> action-244 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Proceed with work to investigate deltas. if time doesn't allow the fallback is to remove annex a. -- due 2013-11-22 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/244

nigel: Glenn sent regrets until Dec 5 so passing over actions assigned to him

action-164?

<trackbot> action-164 -- Jerry Smith to Investigate interop issues using CSS familyName constructs -- due 2013-06-06 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/164

jdsmith: is there any further info?

plh: action raised by sean, passed to Jerry

jdsmith: requests assistance on this action, to understand what it's about.

<plh> Mike: we're not using the unicode escape from CSS. does it present an issue in TTML?

<plh> Jerry: I'll look into it

action-222?

<trackbot> action-222 -- Mike Dolan to Check on receipt of iso liaison, re: parts 12 and 30 of 14496 -- due 2013-10-31 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/222

<plh> action-222?

<trackbot> action-222 -- Mike Dolan to Check on receipt of iso liaison, re: parts 12 and 30 of 14496 -- due 2013-10-31 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/222

mike: thinks liaison went to Chris
... one liaison was posted directly to Web and TV IG
... Will take this action
... documents need to be published to the non-public (member) group d-list
... cover letter can be made public but draft standards can not be.

plh: will do so.

mike: can find email and resend

action-228?

<trackbot> action-228 -- Nigel Megitt to Coordinate with david singer re: vtt agenda items. -- due 2013-11-07 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/228

close action-228

<trackbot> Closed action-228.

action-231?

<trackbot> action-231 -- Nigel Megitt to Find out which group within dvb we should target -- due 2013-11-07 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/231

close action-231

<trackbot> Closed action-231.

issue-298?

<trackbot> issue-298 -- Permit reuse of animation constructs by allowing multiple content elements to reference same out-of-line animation declaration -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/298

<plh> action-239?

<trackbot> action-239 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Raise issue on permit reuse of animation construct(s) by allowing multiple content elements to reference same out-of-line animation declaration -- due 2013-11-22 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/239

<mike> IANA replied to by email

nigel: adds note to issue to state it was raised due to action-239

<mike> ISO liaison emailed to PLH and Nigel - close 222

action-239: raised as issue-209

<trackbot> Notes added to action-239 Raise issue on permit reuse of animation construct(s) by allowing multiple content elements to reference same out-of-line animation declaration.

close action-239

<trackbot> Closed action-239.

action-222: plh to send to members list

<trackbot> Notes added to action-222 Check on receipt of iso liaison, re: parts 12 and 30 of 14496.

action-222: plh has done this

<trackbot> Notes added to action-222 Check on receipt of iso liaison, re: parts 12 and 30 of 14496.

close action-222

<trackbot> Closed action-222.

<plh> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2013Nov/0000.html

agendum 3?

nigel: raises face to face meeting topic

mike: we've discussed a transformation between TTML and VTT, but we haven't discussed the use cases and requirements for co-habitation.
... I don't think everyone everywhere needs to deal with both standards. Some environments are better suited by one or the other.
... Before discussing mappings we need to consider use case and requirements for each - we may find that all mappings (both directions) are not needed or there could be an HTML5 compatibility solution

nigel: agrees

plh: What's driving W3C in this mapping is to ensure that people with TTML document can deliver it on the web, using VTT if needed, therefore they need a mapping to VTT.
... same thing goes for WebVTT if delivery as TTML is needed. That's W3C's use case.

mike: I don't agree that both are necessary or useful. Need to understand the need for bidirectional mapping. We may not need WebVTT into TTML transformation.

nigel: any preferences re timing or location for a f2f?

plh: is the goal to have WebVTT people together?

nigel: yes

plh: need to have the charter agreed before choosing f2f - seems too early to decide now.

nigel: I think dsinger is keen to push ahead.

plh: can shoot for spring for example.
... eg Feb or Mar
... based on charter.

nigel: suggests April or May.

plh: who would host?

nigel: happy to have volunteers otherwise David and I will have to discuss.

TTML WG Liaison from the EBU MIM-XMLSubs Group

plh: circulated this last week

nigel: This is the EBU-TT-D draft for comments
... [with EBU hat] members can comment by Nov 25
... EBU will be happy for comments directly
... [with TTWG hat on] suggests that people copy in public-tt list if making any comments.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2013Nov/0032.html

AOB

nigel: believes there's a US holiday next week?

group decides to postpone next week's meeting

nigel: next meeting will be Dec 5.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: nigel to send text version of TPAC minutes to public list - tracker will then combine the issues and actions and associate them automatically. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-tt-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: nigel to take deliverables of draft charter to TAG for scrutiny [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-tt-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: plh to tell mike contact details for proceeding with IANA registration [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-tt-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-11-21 16:19:52 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/rese/resend/
Found ScribeNick: nigel
Inferring Scribes: nigel
Default Present: nigel, Mike, [Microsoft], Plh, mijordan
Present: nigel Mike [Microsoft] Plh mijordan
Regrets: Michael_Jordan Frans_de_Jong Cyril_Concolato Thierry_Michel Andreas_Tai Glenn Adams
Found Date: 21 Nov 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-tt-minutes.html
People with action items: nigel plh

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]