W3C

- DRAFT -

Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

08 Aug 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Sean, Thierry, Nigel, Mike, Plh
Regrets
Pierre
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
plh

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 08 August 2013

Previous minutes: http://www.w3.org/2013/07/25-tt-minutes.html

<scribe> scribe: plh

<tmichel> z

Progress on drafting ttml2

Sean: let's skip it that

Profile Submission

Sean: regrets from Pierre

TV IG input

also skipped

Issue 259

issue-259?

<trackbot> ISSUE-259 -- Define "closest" -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/259

Nigel: cfstt specify the round up rules
... so it would be sensible to choose that rule, unless there are others

Sean: Glenn has an action to go through that

Issue 260

Issue-260?

<trackbot> ISSUE-260 -- When agent is not @type 'character', then should prohibit actor child. -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/260

Nigel: sent a suggestion

--> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2013Aug/0010.html

261

Issue-261?

<trackbot> ISSUE-261 -- signaling docoument profile conformance is separate from decoder presentation requirements -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/261

Mike: let's differ one meeting, hoping for some input

<tmichel> ISSUE-263 ?

<trackbot> ISSUE-263 -- profile feature set may not match intended feature constraints -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263

<tmichel> still open

<tmichel> ISSUE-264 ?

<trackbot> ISSUE-264 -- What XML entities are valid in TTML canonical syntax -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/264

<tmichel> sill open Glenn and Sean point of view differ here. Needs more discussion

issue-265?

<trackbot> ISSUE-265 -- Some bad tests -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/265

Sean: we should do a pass at the test suite indeed

<tmichel> Should have new tests for the new stuff (like dynamic flow)

<tmichel> should run the test suite in Glenn's verifier

<tmichel> Let wait for some people to volunteer here.

<tmichel> plh TTML1 second edition review ends on august 6th ... only two companies answered ...

<tmichel> Should extent by a week.

<tmichel> ACTION:plh to send a reminder for review of TTML1 second edition [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-minutes.html#action01]

<tmichel> plh: have a review until August 22 nd

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/default/ttml10/spec/ttml-changes.html#change-history-per-to-rec-23

<tmichel> Last week of August we can't publish. So may publish early sept.

http://mpeg.chiariglione.org/sites/default/files/files/meetings/docs/w13651.

docx

http://mpeg.chiariglione.org/sites/default/files/files/meetings/docs/w13651.docx

<tmichel> ACTION-88 ?

<trackbot> ACTION-88 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to make sure the TTML media type is properly registered for Issue-175. -- due 2013-07-31 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/88

I'll ping the IESG

issue-179?

<trackbot> ISSUE-179 -- Interpreting the pixel measure -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/179

action-141?

<trackbot> ACTION-141 -- Sean Hayes to call for Action to identify discrepancies in TTML 1.0 on different profiles. -- due 2013-02-14 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/141

Sean thinking this one needs to be folded in a more general plan about feature cleanup

Nigel: not sure what the overall plan.

Sean: yes, we'll schedule a profile call
... and find out how they're used
... so folks needs to do their homework on profile first

action-166?

<trackbot> ACTION-166 -- Mike Dolan to open issue for 1.1 regarding encodings -- due 2013-06-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/166

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2013Jun/0129.html

issue-197?

<trackbot> ISSUE-197 -- charset/encoding unconstrained -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/197

action-174?

<trackbot> ACTION-174 -- Mike Dolan to open issue or send text for opening issue on adding ability for document to declare what profile it adheres to (from a document profile compliance perspective) -- due 2013-07-18 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/174

Mike: we have a handfull of those...

Sean: I'll look into that then

action-182?

<trackbot> ACTION-182 -- Thierry Michel to create ttml2 and ttml1 short names, to change tracker product labels as needed -- due 2013-07-25 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/182

Thierry: we need to use http://www.w3.org/TR/ttml1
... I did some updates in the tracker

Sean: we need TTML1, TTML2, and TTML.vnext
... so you need to create TTML.vnext

Thierry: ok

close action-182

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-182 Create ttml2 and ttml1 short names, to change tracker product labels as needed.

action-184?

<trackbot> ACTION-184 -- Thierry Michel to check with Angel if Monday/Friday is ok for TPAC 2013 -- due 2013-08-01 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/184

Thierry: Angel agreed that we can meet on Monday and Friday

Sean: we don't need a reminder

plh: might be good to have a wiki page for the f2f

<scribe> ACTION: Thierry will create a wiki for the face-to-face meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-190 - Will create a wiki for the face-to-face meeting [on Thierry Michel - due 2013-08-15].

Sean: don't forget to get a visa

<tmichel> plh: Charter update.

<tmichel> needs review from the CG.

<tmichel> have all the issues captured. Maybe should have an Action item for it

regrets from me for next week


<tmichel> regrets also for me next week and the following week.


Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: plh to send a reminder for review of TTML1 second edition [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Thierry will create a wiki for the face-to-face meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-08-09 08:19:37 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/minuts/minutes/
Succeeded: s/TTML2/TTML1 second edition/
Found Scribe: plh
Inferring ScribeNick: plh
Present: Sean Thierry Nigel Mike Plh
Regrets: Pierre

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 08 Aug 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-minutes.html
People with action items: plh thierry

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]