W3C

- DRAFT -

Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

27 Jun 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Addison, Richard, Norbert, David, Mati, JohnK, Felix
Regrets
Chair
Addison Phillips
Scribe
Addison Phillips

Contents


trackbot, prepare teleconference

<trackbot> Date: 27 June 2013

<scribe> Scribe: Addison Phillips

<scribe> ScribeNick: aphillip

<matial> do you still hear echo from my line?

Agenda

Action Items

close ACTION-183

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-183 Write draft of new charmod-norm.

<r12a> http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

close ACTION-229

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-229 Move charmodnorm to w3c site.

close ACTION-233

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-233 Follow up with richard on getting Encodings spec ready for FPWD.

Info Share

Norbert: discussing JSON RFC
... intent is to move to standards track
... and folks have noticed some inconsistencies
... some involving Unicode characters
... particularly about supplementary code points
... and one proposal was to close discussion without change (just notes)
... but others opposed

Addison: if STD, then they really should follow the process
... as painful as that is

JcK: STD should be no defects

Addison: any WG response needed?

JcK: need to take broken things out of the standard

ITS 2.0

<Norbert> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/json/current/maillist.html

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Jun/0025.html

<fsasaki> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Jun/0026.html

Felix: do we have any objections?

Richard: any objection to closing the three items I mentioned

(no objections voiced)

Richard: took me a long time to figure out the respsonse (tracker kind of messy?)

Felix: creating "disposition of comments" document
... based on tracker and emails

<fsasaki> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Jun/0026.html

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Jun/0026.html

Felix: domain metadata category
... comment saying "if main value maps to nothing"
... have a step for that
... 104
... have a link to require most recent Unicode
... 105 from Norbert
... already decided to only a small subset of regex so didn't allow those escapes

Addison: block and script escapes would be useful to ITS??

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#allowedchars-definition

<fsasaki> "The regular expression is the character class construct charClass defined as follows:"

Felix: the subset was to support various engines, etc.

I18N-ISSUE-245

<r12a> http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/245

<scribe> Chair: anyone *DIS*satisfied with a response?

norbert: no

felix: no

<fsasaki> apologies for having to leave now, conflicting call - thanks a lot for helping with moving ITS2 forward

<scribe> ACTION: Felix: close ITS2.0 I18N issues (in I18N tracker) as "satisfied" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/27-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-235 - Close ITS2.0 I18N issues (in I18N tracker) as "satisfied" [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-07-04].

RADAR Review

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Jun/0019.html

CSS-Shapes

The only comment I have is that there doesn't appear to be any thought given to image flipping in an RTL context, such as the proposed 'rtlflip' property [1] (what is the status of 'rtlflip', anyway?). [1] http://www.w3.org/International/docs/html-bidi-requirements/#image-flip

Norbert: and how does it integrate with Writing Modes

addison: looks like we might have comments?

Norbert: mostly outside the spec, though?

<scribe> ACTION: addison: trackerize Shapes and write to www-style to ask about rtlflip and writing-modes [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/27-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-236 - Trackerize Shapes and write to www-style to ask about rtlflip and writing-modes [on Addison Phillips - due 2013-07-04].

Charmod-Norm

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Jun/0024.html

http://www.w3.org/International/docs/charmod-norm/

<scribe> ACTION: addison: add additional sections/material suggested in telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/27-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-237 - Add additional sections/material suggested in telecon [on Addison Phillips - due 2013-07-04].

<scribe> ACTION: addison: schedule on-line edit session for charmod-norm [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/27-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-238 - Schedule on-line edit session for charmod-norm [on Addison Phillips - due 2013-07-04].

<matial> better do it with Aharon present

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: addison: add additional sections/material suggested in telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/27-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: addison: schedule on-line edit session for charmod-norm [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/27-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: addison: trackerize Shapes and write to www-style to ask about rtlflip and writing-modes [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/27-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Felix: close ITS2.0 I18N issues (in I18N tracker) as "satisfied" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/27-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-06-27 15:57:13 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/objeciton/objection/
Found Scribe: Addison Phillips
Found ScribeNick: aphillip
Default Present: aphillip, +44.141.888.aaaa, fsasaki, David, Richard, matial, +1.617.245.aabb, JcK, Norbert
Present: Addison Richard Norbert David Mati JohnK Felix
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Jun/0027.html
Found Date: 27 Jun 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/06/27-i18n-minutes.html
People with action items: addison felix shapes trackerize write

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]