W3C

- DRAFT -

HTML Weekly Teleconference

27 Jun 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
[Microsoft], Radhika_Roy, Plh, MartinSoukup, hober, janina_, MarkS, [IPcaller], chaals, +1.415.595.aaaa, maciej, jaymunro, Eliot, Tantek
Regrets
Daniel, Paul, Sam
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
plh

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 27 June 2013

<mjs> hi all

<scribe> scribe: plh

<mjs> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML%20WG&keywords=TrackerRequest

New Issues this week

--> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22043 BUG 22043

Maciej: will look for recommendations before moving

Test TF report

Kris: not much going this week. meet again next Tuesday.
... on #testing

A11y TF report

Charles: we have questions regarding the CfC on CR exit criteria
... we seem to be held to extremelly high standard if we say something is not interoperable

<chaals> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jun/0071.html

Charles: the semantics of the ARIA part of HTML aren't interoperable
... and the question is: how much evidence do you really need?
... depending on the answer, we may need more time

Janina: providing of non-interop is really rather difficult, you can provide instances
... so proving the negative was the basis of the concern
... and the other thing that was a bit vexing was that the bar for marking something as green was a lot lower in the room in San Jose than it is now to unmark
... we weren't in the room at that time
... so, we're concerned that there is now a higher bar to unmark.
... probably not intentional but that's what we see now
... we're not asking for a decision on the flight here
... we're walking through the spec where we think that are issues
... and we're uncountering some portions that are marked are green and shouldn't

Maciej: thank you for reporting theses issues, we'll need to follow up by email.

Charles: we started to look at our work statement

Janina: we expect longdesc to come forward next week as well

Media TF report

Maciej: Paul isn't around. anyone else?
... let's skip then

Other business

<mjs> CfC: remove Microdata from HTML 5.0, incorporate Microdata into 5.1,

<mjs> publish Microdata doc as a W3C note

<mjs> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0000.html

Maciej: first is the CfC on Microdata
... there were discussions and some pushback
... on the basis that Microdata is widely used, but JS API is dropping
... actual semantic and markup is deployed and used
... Robin was facilitating some discussions about this topic

Charles: at this stage we would object to move Microdata into 5.1 or publish it as a Note
... we'd be happy to have it in 5.0, happy to drop the API
... we recognize the need to provide editor resources

<tantek> (sorry a bit late to call)

<chaals> s/we're happy/we recognise that there is a need/

plh: Microdata is not part of 5.0
... are you proposing to put it back?

Charles: would be nice but recognize there might be pushback

plh: indeed, I'd think we would pushback

Tantek: continuing as a standalonge document seems fine to me
... understanding there is sufficient interest and resources to push it along

Kris: do we have consensus to remove the JS portion of Microdata?

Maciej: it's a standalone document
... if we want to remove the JS portion, that would require a difference CfC

Charles: I'd be happy to propose that we make one

plh: +1

Kris: +1

Tantek: +1

Maciej: I'll bring it to the other Chairs

<tantek> just wanted to confirm this proposal is for 5.1

Maciej: and the remainder will still be under discussion (ie standalone or 5.1)

Charles: seems would stay as standalone

Maciej: would remain an open question for the moment

plh: due to calendaring, don't expect progress on the charter before mid-July

<mjs> ack

<mjs> ack

<Zakim> tantek, you wanted to discuss charter

Tantek: a few calls ago, I requested if you could ask folks to file their reason for their FO publically
... to see if we can resolve them

plh: I still expect to make progress on them

Tantek, btw, see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2013AprJun/0077.html

Next meeting

Maciej: next week is canceled
... so next meeting is July 11
... any volunteer to scribe?

[none heard]

<krisk> I might be able to scribe

<chaals> [krisk++]

[adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-06-27 16:31:31 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/we're happy/we recognize the need/
FAILED: s/we're happy/we recognise that there is a need/
Found Scribe: plh
Inferring ScribeNick: plh
Default Present: [Microsoft], Radhika_Roy, Plh, MartinSoukup, hober, janina_, MarkS, [IPcaller], chaals, +1.415.595.aaaa, maciej, jaymunro, Eliot, Tantek
Present: [Microsoft] Radhika_Roy Plh MartinSoukup hober janina_ MarkS [IPcaller] chaals +1.415.595.aaaa maciej jaymunro Eliot Tantek
Regrets: Daniel Paul Sam

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 27 Jun 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/06/27-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]