See also: IRC log
<whyun> Is email@example.com ready? it just says "conference is restricted at this time" and hangs up.
<olivier> zakim should be ready to go in a couple of minutes, whyun
<inserted> scribenick: giuseppep
whyun: better to mute when not talking
(eheh thanks :D
just to reduce bg noise
<jcverdie> Hi i'm reading irc but can't get on the call now :(
you cannot as you have problems or?
I mean technical problem or just busy?
<Bin_Hu> zkim, who is on the phone?
<jcverdie> giuseppep: _i_ cannot, not technical problem :(
<inserted> scribenick: olivier
Sheau: are you having trouble connecting to the bridge?
<Sheau> Yes, I'm on the road dialing in. Cell signal very sporadic.
(Agenda sent by Bin a few days ago)
<whyun> skim13 is with whyun on the phone
giuseppe: Giuseppe, work for
Opera in the TV department
... am also co-chair of web&TV IG
... interested in this TF because I've been working with other groups outside of W3C
... these groups are transitioning to HTML5 and porting features to HTML5
... addressing this transition
... I hope to work internally and with other groups
<giuseppep> scribe, olivier
<giuseppep> scribe, giuseppe
<giuseppep> scribenick: giuseppep
sheau: [introduce himself]
<olivier> (keywords from Sheau: highly synchronised, multi-screen, new TV experiences)
<whyun> sung hei kim is speaking
<scribe> scribe: giuseppe
<jcverdie> we lost olivier ?
<Bin_Hu> We lost Olivier
<kaz> [ kaz is here to help you all :) ]
olivier: we skipped Kaz ;)
... so we seems to be here all to look at the use cases and to better coordinate with other groups
... Bin, you suggested to start with use cases
... maybe we can start to look at the one we have and discuss how to consolidate them and move forward
<olivier> (use cases so far have been linked from http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs#Current_Work )
Bin: can we define the way we work but also a roadmap/timeline
giuseppe: we discussed this
already, and agreed
... notes here http://www.w3.org/2013/05/29-webtv-minutes.html
olivier: let's start to look at
the UCs then, since we also have most of the authors here in
... let's also discuss if they have the right granularity
... bin, can you walk us through them
Bin: first, tablet joins HN
... (Bin explain ""Use Case One – Tablet Joins Home Network"" UC)
... in short: service discovery and pairing
Sheau: are you talking about device sync or content sync?
Bin: here I mean both
<olivier> giuseppep: most of this use case looks like it was discussed in the HNTF
<olivier> ... did you have the chance to review the input document we produced then [link]
<olivier> ... there is now some discussion about service discovery in the DAP group
<olivier> ... wonder if this means we can consider the UC addressed
<olivier> ... and move the discussion to DAP, at a technical level
<olivier> ... where we can help shape that work
<olivier> link - http://www.w3.org/TR/hnreq/
<olivier> giuseppe: we've already passed this requirement to the DAP group
<olivier> ... and there is already a tech proposal on the table
Bin: ok, I think is a good point
<olivier> ACTION: giuseppep to share summary of the work of HNTF, suggest which current use cases have already been covered by past TFs and passed on to WGs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/26-webtv-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Error finding 'giuseppep'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/users>.
olivier: giuseppe, can you take an action to check which use cases were already addressed by the HNTF? and what is thetstatus of the work?
<olivier> ACTION: giuseppe to share summary of the work of HNTF, suggest which current use cases have already been covered by past TFs and passed on to WGs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/26-webtv-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-118 - Share summary of the work of HNTF, suggest which current use cases have already been covered by past TFs and passed on to WGs [on Giuseppe Pascale - due 2013-07-03].
olivier: let's move to UC 2
olivier: Bin, can you point to the gaps as well?
Bin: sure, not sure yet about the
... we will do this at next stage
... UC2: TV Triggers 2nd Screen
... [describe the UC as on the wiki]
giuseppe: I think this is also covered by the HNTF, and also some of this can be done today if the app talk to the same server
Sheau: the UC2 doesn't have stringetn sync requirements, but there could be scenarios (like alternaitve camera angles) where the requirements are more stringent
olivier: can you look if your use case is already covered by UC2
giuseppe: also people should look at HNTF document
olivier: maybe we should point to that document
<Sheau> Giuseppe, can you send link to HNTF?
giuseppe: for the recrod the document is here http://www.w3.org/TR/hnreq/
olivier: are we ok with once
every 2 weeks, 1h
... I think every 2 weeks is ok
Bin: I think the workload is ok
for every 2 weeks
... we should use more the mailing list, and use the call to sync up
... we should also check that people do their actions
<olivier> giuseppep: every 2 weeks is ok, maybe 90 minutes
<scribe> ACTION: kaz to ask the sys team to extend the time slot to 90 minutes [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/26-webtv-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-119 - Ask the sys team to extend the time slot to 90 minutes [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2013-07-03].
olivier: everybody should be free
to edit the wiki
... but if you make a substantial edit, you should inform the list
giuseppe: I prefer the author of
a UC to be the only one to edit it
... discussion should happen on the lsit
... and when people agree, the editor can change the UC
Bin: both are fine by me
... as far as we agree on a way to do it
... and as far as people inform the list
skim13: we are ok if people edit our use cases and improve the wording
olivier: ok let's use giuseppe proposal
giuseppe: of course editorial changes don't require "approval", just go ahead and do them
olivier: for next call, please check the use cases, review them and submit new use cases
Bin: are we still targeting q1 2014 or before?
olivier: yes, sounds good
Bin: what about actions? when needs to be completed?
giuseppe: I'll be on vacation for 2 weeks
so I can try to address my action for the call in 4 weeks
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138 of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: i/better to mute/scribenick: giuseppep Succeeded: i/are you having trouble/scribenick: olivier Succeeded: s/wals/walk/ Succeeded: s/bin/Bin/ Succeeded: s/HNTF/HNTF document/ WARNING: No scribe lines found matching ScribeNick pattern: <giuseppe> ... Found ScribeNick: giuseppep Found ScribeNick: olivier Found ScribeNick: giuseppep Found Scribe: giuseppe ScribeNicks: giuseppep, olivier WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found. WARNING: Replacing previous Present list. (Old list: Giuseppe, Olivier, Whyun, BIn, Kaz, Yosuke, Heau, Jean-CHarles) Use 'Present+ ... ' if you meant to add people without replacing the list, such as: <dbooth> Present+ Giuseppe, Olivier, Whyun, BIn, Kaz, Yosuke, Heau, Jean-Charles Present: Giuseppe Olivier Whyun BIn Kaz Yosuke Heau Jean-Charles Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2013Jun/0054.html Got date from IRC log name: 26 Jun 2013 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/06/26-webtv-minutes.html People with action items: giuseppe giuseppep kaz WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found! Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>. Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of new discussion topics or agenda items, such as: <dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]