W3C

- DRAFT -

User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

06 Jun 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Kelly, Greg, Jim, Jan, Jeanne, Kim
Regrets
Simon, Eric
Chair
Jim Allan and Kelly Ford
Scribe
kford

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 06 June 2013

Face 2 Face

<allanj> kf: possible conflict for f2f, can we move to August

<allanj> all: discussion...3 week in August

<allanj> kf: f2f moved to Aug 27-29 tenatively

ACTION-833 - Craft a draft response to HTMLWG about the bug 13624 for UAWG review.

<allanj> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2013AprJun/0079.html

JA: next item is a response.
... Anyone have issues?

Nothing heard.

<allanj> scribe: kford

JA clarifies response, opted to keep things simple in the response.

KP: Looks good to me.

JA: I will ship it out the door.

<allanj> close action-833

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-833 Craft a draft response to HTMLWG about the bug 13624 for UAWG review..

Appendix E of Alternative Content

JA: Shout out to Jeanne for getting the mobile examples completed. Nice work.

<allanj> http://www.w3.org/TR/IMPLEMENTING-UAAG20/mobile

GL: Will the mobile designation stay in the fianl version?

Jeanne: Not sure yet.

<allanj> http://www.w3.org/TR/IMPLEMENTING-UAAG20/#alternative-content-list

JA: Do we want to keep this, if so are we going to keep it updated or what?

JS: I think we need to decide what we are going to do with this and do it right.
... Needs introduction, corrected links and more.
... I think there is value. I don't know of another source that lists all the alternative content.

JA: Do we want to keep it as part of the document? I'd have to have to do a TR if we want to update.
... Do we want for example a wiki page?

<Jan> fyi: http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20120410/#prompting-types

JS: This would be in the implamenting so we can update more frequently just as WCAG does.

JA: Jeanne is advocating for keeping any arguments against.

JR: Fine to keep but we should bd be clear about the version of HTML we are talking about.

JA: What about SVG?

JR: No.

JA: Should be block this out and say this is the HTML 4 and this is the HTML 5?

Group talking about different updating options.

GL: If we do this we need to at least remind people that svg exists.

JR talks about ATAG doing a bit of this in a mapping of if WCAG calls for X, then the authoring tool would need to store this sort of info but does it in basic terms, not at the element level.

JA and JS say they are going to come up with a proposal on this.

GL says hel'll give the result a look over.

<scribe> ACTION: JS along with JA to come up with proposal on appendix E. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/06-ua-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-836 - Along with JA to come up with proposal on appendix E. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2013-06-13].

Action-835 http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2013/SC-by-test-type.htm review, test assignments

JA: Do people have a feel if they prefer writing if/then or a stages version of tests.

Group talking about testing details and what is meant.

<allanj> WAI before and after demo, use for alternative content

<jeanne> http://www.w3.org/WAI/demos/bad/before/survey

<jeanne> http://www.w3.org/WAI/demos/bad/after/survey

<allanj> ja: will begin crafting test example data/content pages

<allanj> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2012/ATAG20tests/

Group talking about where to start.

Some want to see some examples and or pick a template.

<allanj> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Test/HTML401/current/tests/index.html

<jeanne> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20080430/G94.html#G94-tests

<jeanne> file:///C:/Users/jeanne/Documents/CVS/www/WAI/AU/CR20/TestPrep.html

<jeanne> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/CR20/TestPrep.html

<jeanne> ATAG tests - scroll down to the table http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/CR20/TestPrep.html

<allanj> Last Call. http://www.w3.org/TR/html-longdesc

HTML5 accessibility asking for any reviews on this.

JA: From a UAAG perspective, word discover is interesting.

<allanj> deadline is June 20 for comments

JA: We need to schedule the task force on crowding source for existing implamentations.

<Greg> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2013AprJun/0080.html

<allanj> Firefox - extension

<allanj> Heading Map https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/headingsmap/

<allanj> HTML5 structure and ARIA Landmark Navigation https://github.com/davidtodd/landmarks

crowd sourcing implementation

<Greg> A useful Thunderbird extension: "Archived Link displays the URL of the Archived-At email message header field (RFC-5064) as a hyperlink." http://schepers.cc/archived-link#more-501

<allanj> set columns for FCIOS and Other

<allanj> when filling in- some code for pass/fail and text on how, if extension/plugin must have links'

<allanj> kp: everyone practice putting some info in

<allanj> code: comply, comply with extension,

Group talking about process for building spreadsheet.

<allanj> column with notes/explanations

<allanj> could be non-default settings, should be documented in notes section

<allanj> http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-UAAG20-20130523/

rrsagent make minutes

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: JS along with JA to come up with proposal on appendix E. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/06-ua-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-06-06 18:28:45 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: kford
Inferring ScribeNick: kford
Present: Kelly Greg Jim Jan Jeanne Kim
Regrets: Simon Eric
Found Date: 06 Jun 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/06/06-ua-minutes.html
People with action items: along ja js with

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]