Web and TV IG - Testing TF call

05 Jun 2013


See also: IRC log


Kaz, Clarke, Giuseppe, Bin, Sheau, MarkV


<scribe> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Testing/Agenda_Telco_5th_June_2013

Update on liaison letter & internal poll

Some additional surveys returned

<giuseppep> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Testing#Relevant_Groups

Giuseppe: received reply from DLNA
... will forward to member list
... OIPF expected soon
... This will be public as well.
... No CEA response yet, no word form Brian

Clarke to follow up on phone

scribe: SmartTV alliance is in

Shaeu: ATSC is working on a response
... No response from MPEG
... IPTV Forum Japan received - member confidential
... OMA response not received yet
... next step is to consolidate result
... Can create section for web tv and mobile on Wiki
... how long do we want to wait? Maybe send deadline notice
... ask what is status of reply
... Then consolidate results and put on public wiki

Clarke: any other questions or comments on the survey

internal poll

Giuseppe: Poll is up, but not many answers
... need to get more responses

AI: Clarke to send reminder to participants

<giuseppep> http://doodle.com/8c5e23s2bggdh496

Clarke will send reminder that poll should be completed in two weeks

Giuseppe: I suggest we try to close external survey in 3 weeks
... let us know if you intend to reply in that time frame
... time shorter (2 weeks) for internal

Clarke: 3 weeks for external
... any other questions?
... the other topic Use Cases

Use Cases

Clarke: plans to contribute at least one more


Clarke: Surveys complete in 3-4 weeks, then need to integrate into requirements document
... Also need to update table

Giuseppe: I'll send link to github. This is where requirements docuemnt will be

<giuseppep> https://github.com/webandtv

Clarke: Any specific deadline from HTML testing group we need to meet?
... They are on a long time frame.

Bin: Have not heard any specific deadline.

Clarke: Maybe end of August for all TF work complete?

Giuseppe: suggest Jun 26 as survey deadline
... call on 3rd of July, approve content for req. document
... Maybe 28th of August for completion of all TF work

Sheau: Do we have document skeleton?

Clarke: Yes, but I haven't put it on github yet.

Giuseppe: Summary of results, also include list of comments
... Giuseppe will maybe include on page with table

Clarke: Internal deadline June 19

Clarke will put out announcement on reflector

Giuseppe: for external, we will announce closure

Sheau: Create action for putting out notice

<scribe> ACTION: Clarke & Giuseppe to coordinate on sending out deadline communications [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/05-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-116 - & Giuseppe to coordinate on sending out deadline communications [on Clarke Stevens - due 2013-06-12].

Sheau: I can follow up with groups I represent reminding them of deadline

Clarke: All liaisons should do that

Clarke: next call in 2 weeks

Thanks, Clarke for scribing


<kaz> :)

Also Kaz for fixing all my mistakes

<kaz> [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Clarke & Giuseppe to coordinate on sending out deadline communications [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/05-webtv-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-06-05 13:39:32 $