IRC log of webtv on 2013-06-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:48:32 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webtv
12:48:32 [RRSAgent]
logging to
12:48:45 [kaz]
zakim, this will be webtv
12:48:45 [Zakim]
ok, kaz; I see UW_WebTVIG()9:00AM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
12:54:11 [kaz]
zakim, call kazuyuki-skype
12:54:11 [Zakim]
ok, kaz; the call is being made
12:54:12 [Zakim]
UW_WebTVIG()9:00AM has now started
12:54:13 [Zakim]
12:59:46 [Zakim]
+ +1.303.730.aaaa
12:59:47 [Zakim]
13:00:06 [giuseppep]
giuseppep has joined #webtv
13:00:12 [kaz]
zakim, IPcaller is Giuseppe
13:00:12 [Zakim]
+Giuseppe; got it
13:00:28 [kaz]
zakim, aaaa is Clarke
13:00:28 [Zakim]
+Clarke; got it
13:00:30 [Bin_Hu]
Bin_Hu has joined #webtv
13:00:32 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
13:00:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kazuyuki, Clarke, Giuseppe
13:00:33 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Bin_Hu, giuseppep, RRSAgent, Zakim, Clarke, glenn, kaz, timeless, trackbot
13:01:19 [Zakim]
13:01:58 [Zakim]
+ +1.508.276.aabb
13:02:21 [Sheau]
Sheau has joined #webtv
13:02:32 [kaz]
zakim, aabb is Sheau
13:02:32 [Zakim]
+Sheau; got it
13:02:58 [giuseppep]
zakim, who is here?
13:02:58 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kazuyuki, Clarke, Giuseppe, Bin_Hu, Sheau
13:02:59 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Sheau, Bin_Hu, giuseppep, RRSAgent, Zakim, Clarke, glenn, kaz, timeless, trackbot
13:03:31 [Bin_Hu]
I can help scribe if no other volunteer
13:03:45 [kaz]
scribe: Clarke
13:03:47 [kaz]
scribenick: Clarke
13:03:56 [kaz]
13:04:17 [Clarke]
13:04:55 [kaz]
topic: Update on liaison letter & internal poll
13:05:06 [Clarke]
Some additional surveys returned
13:05:20 [giuseppep]
13:05:40 [Clarke]
Giuseppe: received reply from DLNA
13:06:05 [Clarke]
Giuseppe will forward to member list
13:06:15 [Clarke]
OIPF expected soon
13:06:32 [Clarke]
This will be public as well.
13:06:45 [kaz]
s/Giuseppe will/... will/
13:06:46 [kaz]
s/OIPF/... OIPF/
13:06:52 [kaz]
s/This/... This/
13:07:02 [Clarke]
No CEA response yet, no word form Brian
13:07:08 [Clarke]
Clarke to follow up on phone
13:07:15 [kaz]
s/No CEA/... No CEA/
13:07:18 [Clarke]
DTV no status change
13:07:25 [kaz]
s/Clarke/... Clarke/
13:07:32 [kaz]
s/DTV/... DTV/
13:08:07 [Clarke]
...SmartTV alliance is in
13:08:28 [Clarke]
Shaeu: ATSC is working on a response
13:08:45 [kaz]
13:09:13 [Clarke]
...No response from MPEG
13:09:50 [Clarke]
...IPTV Forum Japan received - member confidential
13:10:30 [Clarke]
...OMA response not received yet
13:11:04 [Clarke] step is to consolidate result
13:11:28 [Clarke]
...Can create section for web tv and mobile on Wiki
13:11:50 [Clarke] long do we want to wait? Maybe send deadline notice
13:12:00 [Clarke]
...ask what is status of reply
13:12:20 [Clarke]
...Then consolidate results and put on public wiki
13:12:38 [Zakim]
13:12:38 [Clarke]
Clarke: any other questions or comments on the survey
13:12:48 [Clarke]
Topic: internal poll
13:13:08 [Clarke]
Giuseppe: Poll is up, but not many answers
13:13:30 [Clarke]
...need to get more responses
13:13:40 [Clarke]
AI: Clarke to send reminder to participants
13:13:57 [giuseppep]
13:14:40 [Clarke]
Clarke will send reminder that poll should be completed in two weeks
13:15:00 [Clarke]
Giuseppe: I suggest we try to close external survey in 3 weeks
13:15:14 [kaz_]
kaz_ has joined #webtv
13:15:25 [Clarke]
...let us know if you intend to reply in that time frame
13:15:41 [Zakim]
13:15:45 [Clarke]
...time shorter (2 weeks) for internal
13:16:18 [Clarke]
Clarke: 3 weeks for external
13:16:22 [kaz_]
rrsagent, make log public
13:16:27 [kaz_]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:16:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz_
13:16:38 [Clarke]
Clarke: any other questions?
13:17:05 [kaz_]
Meeting: Web and TV IG - Testing TF call
13:17:08 [Clarke]
... the other topic Use Cases
13:17:13 [Clarke]
Topic: Use Cases
13:17:22 [kaz_]
zakim, who is here?
13:17:22 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kazuyuki, Clarke, Giuseppe, Bin_Hu, Sheau
13:17:23 [Zakim]
On IRC I see kaz_, Sheau, Bin_Hu, giuseppep, RRSAgent, Zakim, Clarke, kaz, timeless, trackbot
13:17:26 [Clarke]
...Clarke plans to contribute at least one more
13:17:42 [Clarke]
Topic: schedule
13:18:25 [Clarke]
...Surveys complete in 3-4 weeks, then need to integrate into requirements document
13:18:58 [Clarke]
...Also need to update table
13:19:20 [Clarke]
Giuseppe: I'll send link to github. This is where requirements docuemnt will be
13:19:30 [giuseppep]
13:20:01 [Clarke]
Clarke: Any specific deadline from HTML testing group we need to meet?
13:20:26 [Clarke]
...They are on a long time frame.
13:20:43 [Clarke]
Bin: Have not heard any specific deadline.
13:21:32 [Clarke]
Clarke: Maybe end of August for all TF work complete?
13:22:01 [Clarke]
Giuseppe: suggest Jun 26 as survey deadline
13:22:27 [Clarke] on 3rd of July, approve content for req. document
13:23:17 [Clarke]
...Maybe 28th of August for completion of all TF work
13:23:47 [Clarke]
Bin: Do we have document skeleton?
13:24:02 [Clarke]
Clarke: Yes, but I haven't put it on github yet.
13:24:17 [Sheau]
13:24:29 [Clarke]
Giuseppe: Summary of results, also include list of comments
13:24:54 [Clarke]
...Giuseppe will maybe include on page with table
13:25:42 [Clarke]
Clarke: Internal deadline June 19
13:26:10 [Zakim]
13:26:23 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
13:26:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kazuyuki, Clarke, Giuseppe, Bin_Hu, Sheau, Mark_Vickers
13:26:24 [Mark_Vickers]
Mark_Vickers has joined #webtv
13:26:25 [Zakim]
On IRC I see kaz, Sheau, Bin_Hu, giuseppep, RRSAgent, Zakim, Clarke, timeless, trackbot
13:26:33 [Clarke]
Clarke will put out announcement on reflector
13:26:54 [Clarke]
Giuseppe: for external, we will announce closure
13:27:08 [Clarke]
Bin: Create action for putting out notice
13:27:31 [Clarke]
ACTION: Clarke & Giuseppe to coordinate on sending out deadline communications
13:27:31 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-116 - & Giuseppe to coordinate on sending out deadline communications [on Clarke Stevens - due 2013-06-12].
13:28:01 [Clarke]
Bin: I can follow up with groups I represent reminding them of deadline
13:28:09 [Clarke]
Clarke: All liaisons should do that
13:28:14 [giuseppep]
13:28:17 [Sheau]
13:28:22 [Clarke]
Sorry Sheau
13:28:32 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:28:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz
13:28:42 [Sheau]
No problem. Should have announced myself.
13:28:49 [Clarke]
Clarke: next call in 2 weeks
13:28:52 [Zakim]
13:28:53 [Zakim]
13:28:55 [Zakim]
13:28:59 [Clarke]
Thanks, Clarke for scribing
13:29:00 [Zakim]
13:29:02 [Clarke]
13:29:09 [kaz]
13:29:15 [Zakim]
13:29:16 [Clarke]
Also Kaz for fixing all my mistakes
13:29:22 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:29:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz
13:29:22 [kaz]
[ adjourned ]
13:29:29 [Clarke]
Kaz, will you generate minutes?
13:29:31 [glenn]
glenn has joined #webtv
13:29:38 [Clarke]
I'm too late
13:29:44 [Zakim]
13:29:45 [Zakim]
UW_WebTVIG()9:00AM has ended
13:29:45 [Zakim]
Attendees were Kazuyuki, +1.303.730.aaaa, Giuseppe, Clarke, Bin_Hu, +1.508.276.aabb, Sheau, Mark_Vickers
13:30:32 [Clarke]
Thank you
13:30:55 [kaz]
Present: Kaz, Clarke, Giuseppe, Bin, Sheau, MarkV
13:30:59 [kaz]
Chair: Clarke
13:31:09 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:31:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz
15:45:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webtv
15:50:29 [giuseppep]
giuseppep has left #webtv
17:40:50 [glenn]
glenn has joined #webtv
20:50:48 [glenn]
glenn has joined #webtv
22:24:28 [glenn]
glenn has joined #webtv
23:52:12 [glenn]
glenn has joined #webtv