W3C

- DRAFT -

Tracking Protection Working Group Teleconference

15 May 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
+1.703.861.aaaa, Thomas, jeffwilson, +1.202.347.aabb, Rigo, +1.202.326.aacc, NAI, Chris_IAB, paulohm, +1.212.768.aadd, +1.323.253.aaee, adrianba, moneill2, +1.404.385.aaff, sidstamm, +1.202.587.aagg, Yianni, [Microsoft], +1.917.934.aahh, hefferjr, +1.609.258.aaii, +1.202.697.aajj, efelten, vincent, ChrisPedigoOPA, Fielding, npdoty, WaltMichel_Comcast, WileyS, [Adobe], hwest, +1.646.827.aakk, wseltzer, +1.408.836.aamm, Brooks, kulick, vinay, Peder_Magee, schunter, [FTC], +1.650.365.aann, +1.202.639.aaoo, Jonathan_Mayer, peter-4As, +31.65.141.aapp, rvaneijk, +1.917.974.aaqq, Amy_Colando, mecallahan, dsinger, justin, [DAA], shadi, peterswire, walter, rachel_n_thomas, +1.650.595.aass, phildpearce, AnnaLong, johnsimpson
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
Lmastria_DAA

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 15 May 2013

<Chris_IAB> Just joined

<Chris_IAB> hold on, just checking my number

<Chris_IAB> joining from 661-100-xxxx

a few more minutes then start

swire: thanks for all good work last week
... consensus action suymmary is up on blog
... next steps: admin housekeeping, then on Consensus Action Summary (CAS)
... admin housekeeping: issues and action items need to be coordinated (Yianni and Nick driving a doc)

<peter-4As> 202-697-2496 is peter-4As

Swire: hopefully: that open issues = accurately reflect real issues of group and include a renumbering issues

<mecallahan> zakim aaoo is mecallahan

swire: as a technical mnatter, requires a closing of issues...so, propose batch closing of issues
... if you have an open issue that you want to remain open, then let us know

aahh could be me

Nick: many issues can be merged
... draft of HTML version of the issues avail right now and one will be sent later

<mecallahan> zakim 202 639-aaoo is mecallahan

<tlr> zakim lmastria_DAA is really susanisrael

Yianni: prelim draft...pls send back comments

<vinay> I think I'm aahh. Susan and I have the same phone number prefix

<tlr> ah well, we'll figure that one out. Giving up on the right association on that point. ;)

swire: check in on next steps
... Audience Measurement: Susan Israel: further proposed language to help align with DAA docs prior to next call

Susan Israel: right now, calling and validating esomar language

Rigo: mainly, explains role in Aud Meas...facilitate dialogue and come to a wording that is acceptable to both sides
... working toward 1st draft

<rvaneijk> as long as there is no audience attribution (application to of the audience measurement data to the individual) we may have a shot at a permitted use for Aud Meas.

swire: User Agents and work connected to that...several people starting to have mtgs, peter is not necessarily part of the mtgs...outside of chair...but when discussions come back to group, then full group

<Walter> zakim mute me

<npdoty> Lmastria_DAA: I think we're just evaluating per your framework what is available to be done, and hopefully come back to the larger group

Lou: evaluting what is available and then come back to larger group

Swire: efelten: technical aspects of other UAs...peter talking w W3C re UA not mtg 3 functional areas in CAS

<WileyS> +q

<jmayer> +q

tlr: data retntion: perhaps find time for a side mtg to progress data retention

timing for side mtg = later this week or next

Shane: discussed tri-state de-id: working to evolve it to principles...happy to continue moving this fwd

<Chris_IAB> please include me as well

Jonathan: question to raise re: issue maintenance

<Chapell__on_skype_> I would like to participate in retention discussion as well

Jonathan: types and tiddying up = non-objectionable

<Chris_IAB> tlr, can you please ensure I am copied on the work regarding the 3-part de-id proposal (with Shane)?

<npdoty> interested in retention for tlr: Shane, Chris M., Alan C.

<Chris_IAB> @npdoty, thanks

<johnsimpson> Apologies, LA traffic much worse than normal...

Jonathan: there are some issues w substance: don't drop all history. proposal: mapping of old issues to new issues.

<npdoty> the format we'll be sharing will include a list of each issue, and its specific modification (renaming, merging, changing status)

Swire: clarifying: tidying up (from old list to new list)

<Chris_IAB> @npdoty, you should probably add Lmastria_DAA, Mike Zaneis and Marc Groman to that list of people to follow/participate in that work

<npdoty> for the most part, we won't be closing many issues, but noting Pending Review (Stable) for the ones on which the group doesn't seem to be discussing actively

Swire: claryfing: some issues not part of draft framework...proposed: start w a slender list and if someone requests that an issue needs to be kept, then (as long as it has text) and if no one else in WG agrees, then ok

tlr: critical piece: organize work...not make decisions that are hard to be undone

<jmayer> I'd like to respond.

tlr: organize set of questions to the group in a better way

<johnsimpson> how soon will we see the new issues list?

tlr: what Jonathan has been doing is close to what Yianni and Nick have been doing

Wendy ( IRC) closing w/o prejudice to reopen

Jonathan: dropping substantive issues?

<jmayer> Let me confirm my understanding: merely expressing interest in a long-standing issue is sufficient to prevent it from getting dropped.

<jmayer> I agree that this will be an easier conversation to have with specifics. So let's do that.

tlr: discussion would be mroe fruitful in the specific issues...issues would be closed w/o prejudice...start with the list that Yianni and Nick produce...burden to reopen is low...let's look at the actual proposals

<johnsimpson> When do we expect to have the list?

<npdoty> johnsimpson, roughly, later today

swire: one example = 4th item on CAS...discussed opening an issue for role of unique identifiers

<Zakim> dsinger, you wanted to discuss one plea

dsinger: if reopen issue: if you want to keep something open, let chair speak for consensus of group

tlr: question re #4

<dsinger> if you want to keep an issue or action open, have something to say yourself; sometimes people say things like "I don't think we have consensus" when they don't have an issue themselves; please let the chairs determine consensus, and be clear what your own issues are

<efelten> We don't have any substance to discuss?

<tlr> if people want to put it on the table, then happy to

<johnsimpson> Seems to me we spend a lot of time on process and not text….

swire: caucusing and possible paths may be emerging from the CAS workstreams/side meetings

end early

<npdoty> quick check in call, yield back the rest of the time to the group.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-05-15 16:28:42 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Lmastria_DAA
Inferring Scribes: Lmastria_DAA

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Default Present: +1.703.861.aaaa, Thomas, jeffwilson, +1.202.347.aabb, Rigo, +1.202.326.aacc, NAI, Chris_IAB, paulohm, +1.212.768.aadd, +1.323.253.aaee, adrianba, moneill2, +1.404.385.aaff, sidstamm, +1.202.587.aagg, Yianni, [Microsoft], +1.917.934.aahh, hefferjr, +1.609.258.aaii, +1.202.697.aajj, efelten, vincent, ChrisPedigoOPA, Fielding, npdoty, WaltMichel_Comcast, WileyS, [Adobe], hwest, +1.646.827.aakk, wseltzer, +1.408.836.aamm, Brooks, kulick, vinay, Peder_Magee, schunter, [FTC], +1.650.365.aann, +1.202.639.aaoo, Jonathan_Mayer, peter-4As, +31.65.141.aapp, rvaneijk, +1.917.974.aaqq, Amy_Colando, mecallahan, dsinger, justin, [DAA], shadi, peterswire, walter, rachel_n_thomas, +1.650.595.aass, phildpearce, AnnaLong, johnsimpson
Present: +1.703.861.aaaa Thomas jeffwilson +1.202.347.aabb Rigo +1.202.326.aacc NAI Chris_IAB paulohm +1.212.768.aadd +1.323.253.aaee adrianba moneill2 +1.404.385.aaff sidstamm +1.202.587.aagg Yianni [Microsoft] +1.917.934.aahh hefferjr +1.609.258.aaii +1.202.697.aajj efelten vincent ChrisPedigoOPA Fielding npdoty WaltMichel_Comcast WileyS [Adobe] hwest +1.646.827.aakk wseltzer +1.408.836.aamm Brooks kulick vinay Peder_Magee schunter [FTC] +1.650.365.aann +1.202.639.aaoo Jonathan_Mayer peter-4As +31.65.141.aapp rvaneijk +1.917.974.aaqq Amy_Colando mecallahan dsinger justin [DAA] shadi peterswire walter rachel_n_thomas +1.650.595.aass phildpearce AnnaLong johnsimpson

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 15 May 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/05/15-dnt-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]