W3C

- DRAFT -

MLW-LT WG

03 Apr 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
felix, daveLewis, Ankit, Jirka, omstefanov, dF, Yves, pnietoca, tadej, leroy, Milan
Regrets
christian, arle
Chair
felix
Scribe
Ankit

Contents


<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Apr/0008.html

Draft publication plans

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Apr/0006.html

felix: should publish something now.. the last publication was in dec

publication by next week

Pablo: finish by next Monday

Close most of issues 70 to 92 and 100 to 121, following Dave's and Jirka's actions

Jirka: issues 106 & 107

issue 116 safely closed

issue 117 need feedback to close

issue 118 still clarifying with HTML wg

issue 119: waiting to be incorporated by Dave..

<fsasaki> https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/pendingreview

felix: issues pending review, which ones need to be closed

Dave: looked at pending issues first..

<fsasaki> jirka: my action needs one more week, to look at pending review issues

issue 70 did a follow-up with commentors.. just need to put it back in document (will close by next week)

<fsasaki> issue-70?

<trackbot> ISSUE-70 -- Defined order of precedence missing inherited local values -- pending review

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/70

issue 76: ready to close

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Mar/0200.html

David: did some edits..

<fsasaki> http://fabday.fh-potsdam.de/~sasaki/temp/edits-issue-113.html

<fsasaki> http://fabday.fh-potsdam.de/~sasaki/temp/edits-issues-76-83-99-112-123-124.html

DaveL: safely closed: issue 79 82 84

marking it as a substantive or informative change

Felix: let's close it for now, see what w3c mgmt later thinks..

we currently have directionality, Yves & dF making tests

<fsasaki> http://htmlpreview.github.com/?https://raw.github.com/finnle/ITS-2.0-Testsuite/master/its2.0/testSuiteDashboard.html

<fsasaki> "Directionality, non-normative" > "Directionality"

change the dashboard

daveL: issue 80 (global rules referring to examples) closed

dF: hear back from..

daveL: sent an email did not hear back

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2013JanMar/0371.html

<fsasaki> "Please let us know wether you are ok with the resolution. If we don't hear back from you within two weeks we assume this as closed."

fsasaki: email sen to Richard dated 31 March

dF: what to do when commentator do not reply back

fsasaki: if it is a more severe change, important to get feedback

daveL: issue 88
... issue 90 (directionality)

<scribe> ACTION: felix on action 90 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/03-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-473 - On action 90 [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-04-10].

daveL: will go back to issue still open

<fsasaki> DaveL: safely closed: issue 79 82 84

issue-68 edits

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Mar/0222.html

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#textanalysis

fsasaki: Christian said fine to close this

should we close issue 68?

issue 68 closed

<tadej> I'm also fine with that - I seem to be muted

action fsasaki come to York's comments

<trackbot> Created ACTION-474 - Come to York's comments [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-04-10].

Bled goals and attendance

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/BledMay2013#Participants

<tadej> I'm muted

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/BledMay2013#Hotel_Information

fsasaki: Tadej said everyone must fill in the form by tomorrow for Bled attendance

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/images/6/6e/BledHotelRegistration2013.doc

deadline for hotel researvation is tomorrow (April 4th)

fsasaki: any other qs on f2f?

goal is to close all open last call issues by Face2 Face

issue-117

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/TR/its20/#basic-concepts-selection-global

<fsasaki> "Caveat Related to XSLT-based Processing of ITS Selector Attributes: ..."

fsasaki: propose to remove above note note

<Yves_> +1 on removing that note

<fsasaki> https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/446

Jirka: example 11 should stay, just drop the note

fsasaki: anybody against closing removing the note?

action Jirka edit to issue 117

<trackbot> Created ACTION-475 - Edit to issue 117 [on Jirka Kosek - due 2013-04-10].

issue-119 ITS Ontology

fsasaki: Dave, update on ontology before Bled Meeting?

daveL: send an email clarifying general usage issues (yes/no),

do stand-off notation like LQI require special class?

daveL: update Ontology before Bled meeting

issue-116 space normalization

fsasaki: Jirka summarized it.

any comments on issue 116?

issue 116 closed

edits review

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Mar/0200.html

fsasaki: many of these are connected to quality

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Mar/0200.html

<fsasaki> http://fabday.fh-potsdam.de/~sasaki/temp/edits-issues-76-83-99-112-123-124.html

<fsasaki> http://fabday.fh-potsdam.de/~sasaki/temp/edits-issue-113.html

<Yves_> Just one minor note: we use both "Web" and "web" across the document, should we be consistent?

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Mar/0200.html

<Yves_> I meant "Web" and "web"

<Yves_> in many places

<scribe> ACTION: fsasaki to ensure capitalization of Web is consistent in document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/03-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-476 - Ensure capitalization of Web is consistent in document [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-04-10].

fsasaki: safe to close the issues for now

"Clarify interpretation of line breaks when calculating storage size"

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Mar/0211.html

<Yves_> we talked about encoding rather than linebreak

<Yves_> I think from Anne's input we can simply drop the NEL case in our list (because NEL is not converted to LF in XML)

Jirka: that is true

it is not interpreted as line break character

<Yves_> I can include that in the re-writing I have to do for encoding.

<Yves_> or Jirak's solution... fine with me too

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Mar/0211.html

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#storagesize-definition

<fsasaki> "The storage size is expressed in bytes and is provided along with the character set encoding and the line break type which will be used when the content is stored."

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/247

issue 247

<fsasaki> this is mlw-lt issue-107

<fsasaki> issue-107?

<trackbot> ISSUE-107 -- I18N-ISSUE-247: Clarify interpretation of line breaks when calculating storage size [ITS-20] -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/107

action Jirka make edit on issue 107

<trackbot> Created ACTION-477 - Make edit on issue 107 [on Jirka Kosek - due 2013-04-10].

"Clarify character encoding behavior when calculating storage size"

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-comments/2013Apr/0001.html

fsasaki: might need another call with i18n WG, let's see if they come back to us.

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-comments/2013Apr/0004.html

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-comments/2013Apr/0007.html

<fsasaki> Maybe we should add a sentence like: 'Note that the value of storage size will generally give no indication about the display length of the text and is therefore not adequate for expressing constraints relating to display length.' after: 'The storage size is expressed in bytes and is provided along with the character set encoding used to store the content.'

fsasaki: this is from Stefan'semail

does anyone disagree using byte as storage size?

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-comments/2013Apr/0001.html

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-comments/2013Apr/0007.html

email0001 and email0007

<Yves_> sure I can do that

action Yves make edit on issue 106

<trackbot> Created ACTION-478 - Make edit on issue 106 [on Yves Savourel - due 2013-04-10].

"html translate" issue-97

<fsasaki> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21495

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/dom.html#the-translate-attribute

fsasaki: Yves submitted a list of translatable elements

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/dom.html#the-translate-attribute

fsasaki: question to everybody: do you agree with Yves' comments?

or have anything to add on the attributes

daveL: do we know how long it will take for them to get back

fsasaki: it depends on what dependency we create..

HTML spec is still in flux

fsasaki: in testsuite, all translate-related tests will need to be changed

<fsasaki> http://html5.org/r/7745

fsasaki: latest version of what WG spec WG
... there is mismatch

aob

daveL: just checking through must and must not

normative or informative needs to be addressed

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#html5-markup

<fsasaki> "6 Using ITS Markup in HTML" and sec. 7: need "these section is normative"

<fsasaki> ACTION: felix to add "normative" statement to sec 6 and 7 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/03-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-479 - Add "normative" statement to sec 6 and 7 [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-04-10].

meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: felix on action 90 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/03-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: felix to add "normative" statement to sec 6 and 7 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/03-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: fsasaki to ensure capitalization of Web is consistent in document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/03-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-04-03 22:14:18 $