W3C

- DRAFT -

HTML Weekly Teleconference

28 Mar 2013

Agenda

Attendees

Present
Bin
Regrets
Chair
mjs
Scribe
krisk

Contents


<gitbot> 01[13html01] 15rubys pushed 1 new commit to 06feature/whatwg: 02https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/0302d9f83361c54c2978ab10aa50a3b7cbb718b7

<gitbot> 13html/06feature/whatwg 140302d9f 15ianh: [e] (0) Fix some typos or copypasta....

<stommepoes> Opera the only browser getting this right? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5d/Hall_janko_graph.svg interesting...

<ed> stommepoes: guessing it's the leading space in some of the attributes

<stommepoes> Must be Opera ignores them...

<ed> stommepoes: I think there are some svg editors that also allow leading (and possibly trailing) whitespace in numerical attributes in svg (see: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2004Oct/0001.html)

<stommepoes> ed: thanks. Turns out someone at wikipedia had already flagged the spaces in the attributes as an error, though likely only because some browsers were obvious about it : )

<rubys> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Date: 28 March 2013

<Bin_Hu> Presence+ Bin

<Bin_Hu> Thank you Art

<scribe> scribe: krisk

Face to Face meeting in April

<mjs> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html-april-2013/

mjs: Please do register if you plan on attending
... Reminder - register: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html-april-2013/
... Meetings have been productive, so please attend if you can make the F2F meeting

paulc: April 5th is the end of the registration

mjs: any other questions or comments?

Task Force Reports

subtopic: Testing Task Force

krisk: we met as planned on the 3/26

Notes -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2013Mar/0020.html

We have started to classify all the sections in the specification

such that we can identify sections that have no tests and have normative requirements

This should help people focus on what areas in the spec need tests

We'll document this on the Wiki as well

* OK I'm ready for next subtopic

SUBTOPIC: Accessibility Task Force

mjs: anyone avaible to report?

<Steve> I am around on IRC

paulc: The meeting normally occurs today (right before this meeting) and was canceled due to travel and upcoming Holiday

mjs: steve feel free to add comments via IRC

<paulc> EME has 39 bugs outstanding. EME met on Tue and discussed outstanding bugs.

Media Task Force

<Steve> mjs: i actually have little to say, have been out sick all week

<paulc> MSE bug count is much lower and we expect to publish a WD very soon.

paulc: I have an outstanding working to complete the 15 bugs filed on the EME spec

mjs: any other comments or questions for the task force reports?
... I head none

Other Business

mjs: We have none in the agenda, though does anyone have any items they would like to discuss?

plh: What is the status with the Microdata spec?

<Steve> mjs: status of hgroup

<Steve> in HTML5 CR

paulc: The CR transition discovered that a section was missing and no one noticed

<rubys> section that was dropped: http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-microdata-20120329/#other-changes-to-html5

paulc: robin was looking for when and why this was removed
... the editors are discussing how to fix this missing section and the chairs have asked to bring this to the working group
... sam do you have any more comments?

rubys: nope, please see the link

mjs: Steve would you like to comment on hgroup?

steve: I just wanted to know the status?
... I had asked this to be removed in Mid-March

mjs: I don't believe anyone has objected and we don't have any tests or implementaions

plh: do we need a CFC for this?

<mjs> This is the process: http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy-v3.html#cr-remove-early

<paulc> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2012Dec/0073.html

paulc: We did have a time frame and this ended in Mid-March
... I believe we have given people time to object and now the chairs can decide to do the removal
... Thanks for the reminder

steve: I would hope we have a discussion on what changes could be made to hgroup for the 5.1 spec

mjs: Any other items to discuss?
... I hear none

Scribe for next meeting

<paulc> Paul will be chairing next week.

mjs: we need one for next week, if you can help please do so

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-03-28 16:25:55 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137  of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: krisk
Inferring ScribeNick: krisk
Present: Bin

WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013JanMar/0029.html
Found Date: 28 Mar 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/03/28-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]