27 Feb 2013


See also: IRC log


Karl, fsasaki, dF, Ankit, philr, Yves, tadej, Naoto, omstefanov, pnietoca, leroy, Pedro, Clemens, Milan
jörg, christian
fsasaki, pnietoca


agenda at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0277.html

<dF> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0277.html

High level usage scenario doc publication

daveF: time line is teight for publication on March 8

<dF> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0279.html

daveF: just be aware of christian's mail
... he suggests a method for pulling of publication. He will add his questions into the doc
... whoever is able to answer should do that in the wiki
... that will bring us to the publication by the desired date
... everybody fine with that?

felix: publication will be a draft, so we can also update it later

HTML ITS default behaviour

<dF> http://www.w3.org/2013/02/25-mlw-lt-minutes.html#item04

david: above mail is from Monday's call discussion

<dF> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0245.html

david: interrelated with HTML "translate" topic, which is discussed in HTML WG

felix: we discussed on monday, we need more input from implementers

"title" attribute example

<pnietoca> felix is there a scribe? do you want me to try?

<scribe> scribe: pnietoca

dF: What other data categories can have an impact apart from translate?

Yves_: elementsWithinText maybe

<Yves_> FYI: I'll post an email on some of my finding/thoughts on implementation for HTML defaults later today.

Yves_: there can be inheritance problems

dF: what's the state of the issue from a formal point of view?

fsasaki: Resolve the issue within April
... wait for implementors advances before moving forward

dF: depends on the spec impact w.r.t HTML

kfritsche: to start with would be good to write something about defaults

<Yves_> +1 on Karl's move to start listing the defaults

+1 too

dF: all agree about the defaults, but they might impact on the spec

<Yves_> I can post a global rules file that shows what we have implemented as defaults so far on our side.

kfritsche: that would tell whether we should make a BP doc or change the spec

<Yves_> that could be a starting point

dF: we should have an at a once glance the defaults on the wiki
... based on the investigation we will decide whether to use a BP doc or if it will affect the spec

<Yves_> if i can find the time yes

dF: Yves would you be ok to start the wiki?

<scribe> ACTION: Yves to send the global rules file and to start the wiki on HTML defaults for the data categories [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/02/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-452 - Send the global rules file and to start the wiki on HTML defaults for the data categories [on Yves Savourel - due 2013-03-06].

dF: work needs to continue on the working list and on the wiki page

fsasaki: we can move on

<fsasaki> scribe: fsasaki

<DomJones1> brb

Conformance type again

df: what is your proposed resolution?

phil: sent a mail this morning
... most of the type values express negative aspect
... so I don't mind to say "non-conformance"
... so that's fine by me

df: anybody objecting to add the new value?

phil: just to clarify: not another data category, a new value

dF: correct, new value for localization qualtiy issue
... any objections?

no objections

<scribe> ACTION: felix to do edit for issue-63 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/02/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-453 - Do edit for issue-63 [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-03-06].

standoff experiment

<scribe> scribe: pnietoca

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/0246.html

fsasaki: this not to open a new issue

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/att-0246/multiple-ann-with-id-plus-standoff.html

fsasaki: made an experimentation with multiple tan annotations

<fsasaki> - During the discussion of multiple annotations a while ago we also touched upon the "direction" of the standoff: from outside to IDs (see multiple-ann-with-id-plus-standoff.html and 2a), or from the document to the standoff (current loc quality issue / provenance, see 2b) above). Pointint from the document (= 2b) has the drawback in HTML that you need a separate "script" element for each target - whereas in the case of 2a) you only need one script e[CUT]

fsasaki: want to get feedback about this new way of pointing
... actual standoff (provennace, lqi) vs reverse standoff

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/att-0246/multiple-ann-with-standoff-refs-script.html

pointing from inside to outside creates more markup

fsasaki: pointing from inside to outside creates more markup

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Feb/att-0246/multiple-ann-with-id-plus-standoff.html

philr: lqi currently allows several records

fsasaki: with the pointing from outside we just need one script element and not several so yes it might work

daveL: we discussed this before

fsasaki: the outcome is the difference between numbers

<Yves_> There is a massive difference for stream-based processors: they would have to check if there is standoff annotation each time we find an id. I'll need to think more about it.

fsasaki: the approach from inside to outside 58 vs outside to inside 101
... just want to know some opinions on this

daveL: with provenance you want to know the actors in the process of translating but we don't expect much records
... the scalabitiy should be big


daveL: the new files on the github gives you an idea of the number

fsasaki: need to think carefully about this

dF: I want formal stuff for this

philr: don't know how this will affect the test suite

<fsasaki> for the record, this was just informally on the agenda, no need to have an issue for this

philr: will create test files

dF: Felix you said is not to create another issue, but we need to create an issue

fsasaki: I'm creating an issue right now

dF: is this a last call comment?

fsasaki: no

<fsasaki> now https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/120

<fsasaki> scribe: fsasaki

<pnietoca> thanks :)

XLIFF mapping

dF summarzing XLIFF discussion

df: had an implementers meeting about this, targeting rome demo, will continue with that this week
... documenting decisions on the wiki page

<dF> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/XLIFF_Mapping

discussion on where to start the BP document - felix says that our mlw-lt wiki is fine, we can move to ITS IG later

df: if a roundtrip happens in XLIFF - you need to know what elements to use
... when the data returns to the source format
... that requires source format knowledge

XLIFF discussion on relation to source format

<Yves_> mostly agrees

Rome / Luxembourg prep


<pnietoca> fsasaki: thanks specially Pedro for the feedback


<pnietoca> fsasaki: would be good to rehearse business and technicval demonstrations

<pnietoca> tadej_: Enricher will be used by Cocomore and?

<pnietoca> Pedro: putting to much work on the posters

<pnietoca> tadej_: Pedro says to merge buusiness and technical but this is not the case

<dF> Tadej was saying that the Enrycher will be also used by TCD/UL LION<->SOLAS demo

<pnietoca> fsasaki: in most of the demonstrations you can make a relation with the use cases

<pnietoca> tadej_: not having strong opinion on the ordering

<pnietoca> Pedro: the demos should be presented according to the posters

<pnietoca> Pedro: have to choose if the business presentations have to go first or not

<pnietoca> dF: Dave tadej are you in contact in order to see if there are some loose ends?

<pnietoca> fsasaki: do you need the WG to participate on those meeting?

<pnietoca> ..just to keep track

<dF> itsx:

<Ankit> yes for me


<pnietoca> dF: Is the friday call 1:00 pm UTC working for everybody?

<pnietoca> Pedr: yes

<Yves_> yes for me

<pnietoca> dF: ok

<pnietoca> DaveL: ok

<Milan> Milan: ok

<pnietoca> s\Pedr:\Pedro:

<philr> I may be 10 minutes late joining and have to leave 15 minutes before end.

<pnietoca> Tadej: agreed

<pnietoca> dF: there was the need to host this itsx NS, we would shre the details this week

<pnietoca> fsasaki: why is Shaun involved in this?

<pnietoca> dF: he is only parcipating on the development

<dF> Sean Mooney

<pnietoca> fsasaki: I encourage you not to do too much offline discussion about the xliff mapping. It will take a lot of time to bring the whole group to sync again.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: felix to do edit for issue-63 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/02/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Yves to send the global rules file and to start the wiki on HTML defaults for the data categories [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/02/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-02-27 19:41:03 $