W3C

- DRAFT -

HTML Weekly Teleconference

17 Jan 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
+1.781.568.aabb, Sam, Radhika_Roy, cabanier, Eliot, Erika, Jay, +1.971.998.aacc, David_Carlisle, glenn, Janina, paulc, hober, Wilto, Laura_Carlson, christian, [Microsoft], adrianba, yoav, [IPcaller], Tantek
Regrets
Daniel_Austin
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
cabanier

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 17 January 2013

<paulc> http://www.w3.org/2013/01/10-html-wg-minutes.html say Rik will scribe.

<scribe> scribenick: cabanier

<Wilto> Well, I tried.

<Wilto> thanks, hober.

<yoav> +yoav

topic ACTION items due by Thursday, January 17

ACTION items due by Thursday, January 17

none

New Issues This Week

ISSUE-207: Adaptive and responsive images

<paulc> ISSUE-207?

<trackbot> ISSUE-207 -- Adaptive and responsive images -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/207

<laura_> If the responsive images group wants to pursue incorporating the picture element into HTML5.0, they can do so. But I withdraw my tracker request. I wish them the best.

paulc: we have a call for consensus which is later on the agenda
... … we updated the assumption for all the other tracker issues

Bug 20082 (Microdata) - Change Microdata specification track to W3C Note

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20082

paulc: should microdata be a rec or a note? this is also later on the agenda

Bug 12725 (Polyglot) - Document should be on the Note-track

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12725

paulc: this is the same
... the chairs are going the preference poll one at a time
... have we done those previously?
... we want to make sure that the survey mechanism is working correctly
... we will do the survey when microdata closes

Bug 12726 (Alt techniques in HTML) - Document should be on the Note-track

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12726

paulc: we had a specific request to put this item on hold

<paulc> See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0002.html

paulc: Steve Falckner sent the chairs a note to wait until implementation details
... …as of yet no bugs are filed but we expect that they will
... … janina is going to work on this
... … the chairs are going to leave this as outstanding

Bug 13409 - Defining Entity references for characters in XHTML

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13409

paulc: we had a proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0021.html
... David Carlisle is going to work with the group on an extension spec
... what is the status of the spec?

davidc: I'm not sure about the procedure
... the spec is not on a rec track

paulc: is it xhtml- pubid?

<paulc> See http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/2007doc/xhtmlpubid.html

davidc: yes

paulc: what should happen to the document?
... you should take the text from your message but send it to public-html
... and provide your solution

davidc: that sounds good
... it would be good that the implementors are aware of the issue
... and if people have comments

Bug 15213 - Drag-and-drop processing model

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=15213

paulc: this item was reopened
... I didn't have time to research it
... I wonder what is going on. Sam, do you know?

rubys: … (?)

paulc: so this was raised by john?
... is there precedent to move from 5.1 to 5.0

<rubys> s/... (?)/we should process as a 5.1 issue/

paulc: we may move this to 5.1 and Sam is going investigate if this is OK and not setting a precedent
... if it's a feature request, we can simply put it in 5.1

Items Closed Last Week

paulc: none

: Items Closing This Week

CfC: to publish Media Source Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0005.html

paulc: that closed last night and there were no objections
... this CfC has passed

<paulc> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0039.html

paulc: … so we will publish this
... … Adrian and aaron are the editors and worked with Mike Smith to get this published
... … I will ask for a transition request
... … probably today or tomorrow

Items Closing Next Week

CfC: handle ISSUE-207 responsive-images consistently with Plan 2014 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0020.html

<paulc> ISSUE-207?

<trackbot> ISSUE-207 -- Adaptive and responsive images -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/207

paulc: there is a fair amound of position taking and there is topical discussion going on

hober: laura is withdrawing her tracker request

Wilto: I'm in the responsive images community group

<Wilto> “If the responsive images group wants to pursue incorporating the picture

<Wilto> element into HTML5.0, they can do so. But I withdraw my tracker request. I wish

<Wilto> them the best.”

Wilto: around 9:10, laura_ said that

paulc: she is not a member of the WG
... we will not withdraw the CFC

New Surveys this week

Preference Survey: Microdata Note vs Recommendation Track http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0022.html

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/microdata-status-preference-poll/

paulc: should it be a rec or a note? we have a poll
... .. the interim result 17 yes and 4 no

<paulc> Interim results: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/microdata-status-preference-poll/results

paulc: it looks like the yes vote is in the lead. This is a simple majority vote

Decisions this week

None

Other Business

Status of CfC for Encrypted Media Extensions, ETA next week Current Candidate FPWD (not yet completed):

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/encrypted-media/encrypted-media-fpwd.html

paulc: we have a candidate draft document.
... the taskforce has 1 more bug that they need to close. This has delayed the process by a week
... … it will open up next tuesday probable

Publishing Use Cases and <picture> document through HTMLWG http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2012Dec/0087.html

paulc: i put this on the agenda to figure out the status

hober: there are 4 to 5 src-set bug and try to work though them
... … I don't think <picture> needs to wait for src-set.

<Wilto> http://picture.responsiveimages.org/#relationship-to-srcset

Wilto: looking through the src-set bugs, they are addressed by the picture spec
... … there is overlap
... I'm unsure how to coordinate

paulc: maybe someone can give us the list of bugs on srcset

<rubys> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&component=The%20srcset%20attribute&product=HTML%20WG&list_id=4252

paulc: I suggest that people comment on these bugs
... … there was thinking that we should publish the 2 documents at the same time and that they should point to each other
... … they are 2 proposals for the same use-cases

<Wilto> (Some of the same use-cases.)

paulc: … I wonder if we can wait 2 more weeks until Hober fixes his bugs

Wilto: …(?)

Hober: 2 weeks is fine. I will try to do it faster.

paulc: the chairs are tracking this

<Wilto> “Where some of the outstanding `srcset` bugs are addressed by the `picture` extension specification, we may not be able to close them without knowing more about the status of the `picture` extension spec.”

???: there are duplicate bugs between w3c and whatwg bugs

hober: the bugs are cloned so they are linked together

<Wilto> “If `picture` should pass, it would effectively close some of these bugs. If not, they would need to be addressed in another way before the `srcset` bugs can be closed.”

hober: I'm tracking it in both places

paulc: are all the bugs assigned to you, hober?

hober: yes, they are

paulc: thanks yoav for noticing that

HTML core spec bug reorganization

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0014.html

paulc: robin started the message about how we can reorg the bugs
... … I want to make it to people's attention that we will move things around
... … most of the bugs are under html5 and many in html.next
... … does anyone have comments or questions? If so, post them to the admin list

CfC: to publish ARIA in HTML specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0006.html

paulc: this cfc passed some time ago and is awaiting publication
... is anyone on the call that can update us?

(silence)

paulc: the transition request for the documents has not been sent to the chairs list yet
... I have 2 pending requests.
... are there any other questions?

Chair/scribe for next meeting

paulc: Maciej will most likely chair
... who wants to scribe

no scribe volunteer

RRSAgent: make minutes

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-01-17 17:42:55 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137  of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

FAILED: s/... (?)/we should process as a 5.1 issue/
Succeeded: s/so she can't withdraw//
Succeeded: s/src-src/src-set/
Succeeded: s/src-set/srcset/
Found ScribeNick: cabanier
Inferring Scribes: cabanier
Default Present: +1.781.568.aabb, Sam, Radhika_Roy, cabanier, Eliot, Erika, Jay, +1.971.998.aacc, David_Carlisle, glenn, Janina, paulc, hober, Wilto, Laura_Carlson, christian, [Microsoft], adrianba, yoav, [IPcaller], Tantek
Present: +1.781.568.aabb Sam Radhika_Roy cabanier Eliot Erika Jay +1.971.998.aacc David_Carlisle glenn Janina paulc hober Wilto Laura_Carlson christian [Microsoft] adrianba yoav [IPcaller] Tantek
Regrets: Daniel_Austin
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013JanMar/0004.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 17 Jan 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/01/17-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]