HTML Weekly Teleconference

18 Oct 2012

See also: IRC log




<mjs> is anyone signed up so scribe?

<rubys> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Date: 18 October 2012

<scribe> ScribeNick: hober

Action items due by Thursday, October 18


<trackbot> ACTION-222 -- Maciej Stachowiak to create a preference poll for the appcache mailing list -- due 2012-10-18 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/222

mjs: let this slide while working on getting plan 2014 adopted
... plan is to have a private draft of the poll to the other chairs by eod today
... if we do create a separate mailing list, it'll still require people to be a member of the wg in order to join
... will send out an email today

cwilso: i think it's well understood that people would have to be in the wg in order to join the list

mjs: there was some confusion over this

Decisions this week

Plan 2014 decision: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Oct/0105.html

mjs: chairs declared consensus on plan 2014 with a few modifications
... several objections were addressed without changing the substance of the decision
... leaving html5 or html5.0 naming up to the editors
... we didn't want the plan to declare a specific name, leaving up to editors (with review by wg)
... we agreed with the a11y tf's request to change "technical" to "substantive" in the section describing their work and deliverables
... [gives aria example]
... aspects of <hgroup> are widely implemented (parsing behavior, ua stylesheet)
... clarified so that those portions aren't at risk
... master branch for html5.1 is the master branch of the git repo
... we will soon mark issues postponed
... the ones that can be addressed in extension specs
... we've asked the editors to make another pass through the bugs before we move the existing bugs to a non-5.0 component
... will only pull in specific bugs to 5.0 after that
... wg members should help complete the list of at risk features
... [task force work statement adjustments]

daniel: how can i help?

mjs: giving technical feedback; usually we start with a bug in bugzilla, but starting a thread on public-html also works
... watching the list and bugzilla for topics you're interested in

rubys: the testing tf needs a lot of help

<Zakim> rubys, you wanted to suggest http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing

mjs: testing is a key part of getting to rec

plh: since we're moving to cr by the end of the year, the next big step is figuring out what's implemented & working on testing

<plh> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/charter/2012/

plh: i udpated the proposed charter based on plan 2014
... the plan is for us to be rechartered before the end of the year

mjs: i encourage folks to look at & comment on the proposed charter

Task Force Reports

Accessibility Task Force

janina: met this morning
... continued discussing section 7.1 hidden=""

<adrianba> kris sent an update on the testing task force to the list http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012OctDec/0007.html

janina: that discussion has also been on list
... see the tf minutes
... fpwd from webapps of the shadow dom spec; could be relevant to tf work
... will be organizing next steps now that plan 2014 has been adopted
... continuing to look at the non-normative parts of 4.8 (what makes good alt text)
... we will be requesting a meeting within a couple of days on that topic

Media Task Force

<Zakim> adrianba, you wanted to give an update

adrianba: the tf has been continuing to meet, alternating between topics
... trying to make sure that the bugs that are being filed are being triaged by the editors
... aiming to get both of the specs into a good state before proposing fpwd
... have asked for some time at tpac
... by end of tpac meeting, the editors should know what work remains between then and fpwd
... next meeting will be looking at the issues open on the media source extensions spec

Testing Task Force

plh: we spent last week's telcon talking about what we'll present at tpac
... we have a very small number of approved tests
... and a much larger number of tests that haven't been approved
... we've received several submissions from mozilla and opera
... some cross-origin tests, <track> tests

Other Business

mjs: CfC on heartbeat drafts


scribe: CfC closes tomorrow; please comment on the list

Scribe for next meeting

<gitbot> [html] techtoons pushed 2 new commits to html5_canvas: https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/55ab542bc14b...262499c029d9

<gitbot> [html/html5_canvas] Revert "removed features for issue-201" - Jay Munro

<gitbot> [html/html5_canvas] Revert "add a closing comment where I think it belongs" - Jay Munro

daniel: i can scribe

mjs: thank you


mjs: we are adjourned

RRSAgent: generate minutes

RRSAgent: generate minutes

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/10/18 16:35:03 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137  of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found ScribeNick: hober
Inferring Scribes: hober

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Barbara Cynthia_Shelly Eliot MartinSoukup Microsoft ScribeNick aa adrianba cwilso daniel darobin ddorwin edoyle gitbot hober janina jaymunro mjs plh rubys tinkster trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Found Date: 18 Oct 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/10/18-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]