See also: IRC log
27 sessions people have volunteered for
From last time:
1) Write to registrants to tell them to propose a session (Done)
2) Talk to workshop planners about sessions (done)
two requests so far:
• Web Intents and Web Intents for local services
jeff: No large demand to be pre-selected at the moment.
jeff: If that remains the case, we can go ahead and preselect those that have requested.
Mcf: Should we look at list of people who have expressed interest?
IJ: Good idea.
<marie> ian: 28 sessions total - pre-select 6 to 7 sessions
IJ: I'm inclined to not preselect if people have not indicated they need it.
francois: one reason to
per-select is to overcome "empty board concern"...but that may
be less relevant in our second year of doing this
... so I would lean towards not pre-selecting unless acted.
... that is: +1 to Jeff
- Final session reminder on 17 Oct (Weds)
- Announce preselected any that have requested.
(on 19 Oct)
[no objections to that]
IJ: Other agenda items?
mcf: Do you want w3m to review the list?
jeff: Maybe show w3m via email
<Zakim> jeff, you wanted to discuss a logistics review
jeff: The more experience we
have, the less worried I have about the general concept of
whether we have enough sessions.
... I get more focused on logistics
- Getting information to people at the right time
- Moving people around
- Recognizing that 1/2 the people will be new to this
- Language challenges
IJ needs to:
- get good practices to people
- write up script of stuff to cover during agenda building session (like option of reporting)
- chair reporting
- show people how to set up wiki page for minutes
jeff: Can we carve off 15 mins where someone (e.g., Tantek or Ian or someone else) has a cram session on chairing a session.
IJ: What if we break 1 hour in two and do cram-for-all in the middle
jeff: let's think about different
ways to use that time to achieve numerous things in
... e.g., cram session, language barriers, get more sessions, ...
<scribe> ACTION: Ian to write up the choregraphy for tuesday evening through Weds [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/15-tpac-minutes.html#action02]
<scribe> ACTION: Ian to propose a way to use 1 hour agenda building for parallel purposes (agenda building, chair training, participation encouragement) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/15-tpac-minutes.html#action03]
<scribe> ACTION: Ian to send out sessino reminder on 17 Oct + announce pre-selected on 19 Oct [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/15-tpac-minutes.html#action04]