See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 26 July 2012
<paulc> Having trouble joining by phone.
<paulc> Looks like I need to reboot. Will join in 5+ mins.
<janina> Meeting: HTML-A11Y Task Force Teleconference
<MichaelC> drop item 4
<MichaelC> drop item 5
<MichaelC> drop item 7
<Judy> JS: Call for counter-proposals on 206 closes tomorrow. Some work in WHATWG on this, from Ted.
<Judy> JB: apparently changed it to a "may" provision
<Judy> JS: So we're just looking to see if a change proposal comes in
<Judy> JS: There was a decision on 205. Potential concerns wrt factual content. Still under discussion as to whether will request reconsideration.
<Judy> ...requested an extension of response time till Aug 3rd. Granted.
<Judy> JS: Anyone looked at latest postings on that thread?
<Judy> JF: Apparently trying to sort out details & typos in diff
<Judy> JS: looked at newer version of his cp?
<Judy> JS: Rich, some discussion on that?
<Judy> RS: Asked Ted to include links to changes that were being proposed from before
<Judy> ...eventually got the details to look at
<Stevef> teds proposal http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/User:Eoconnor/ISSUE-201
<Judy> ...in the details on hit regions, the fallback content limited to ~5 form regions, and that's it
<Judy> ... supported tab index
<Judy> ...the limitations in his cp are huge in terms of ability to support accessibility requirements
<Judy> ...dunno if he's seen the comments on that concern
<Judy> JS: intention or accidental exclusion?
<Judy> RS: unclear
<Judy> scribe: Judy
<Stevef> email from me on subject: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0203.html
RS: this tweak that they threw in breaks the accessibility support
<Stevef> email from rich: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0204.html
RS: and the limitation is just one of the problems
... this is deliberately defined in the WHATWG spec
RS: not the first time someone has tried to restrict ARIA use
JB: Get on phone with Ted and let him know he's missing key requirements?
PC: Weren't the action items coming out of that meeting on Rich, not on Ted and Frank?
RS: We didn't have the details of his approach at that time. Was not possible to identify the massive bug until he'd provided those details.
PC: Give him a chance to respond.
SF: will paste links to info
<Stevef> no ARIA custom control can be referenced from a hit region unless it is built on a small number of html elements as defined in the change proposal diff http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=7028&to=7029
RS: that line just needs to be removed
<Stevef> email about text changes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0162.html
<paulc> Steve's email asks for review of further changes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0198.html
<Stevef> rich's original message: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jul/0084.html
<MichaelC> scribe: MichaelC
js: survey closes today, no objections logged
added link to user requirements
in my comments; none other logged just yet
jf: can live with either of the proposals, but have a preference for one
pc: log an objection on the less preferred one, say it's a mild objection, and provide your rationale
lw: none from bug triage
<janina> Janina noting that Issue-194 survey ends at midnight Boston.
jb: text has no recent meetings, nothing else to report
sf: HTML API guide plugging away, but nothing major to report
wasn't initially included in recharter of HTML WG; asked for it to be added and it was
js: concerned too few people working on it
with too little representation from browser manufacturers, might not arrive at a mapping that works
need broader review
are we getting to a point to solicit that?
rs: no time to review
sf: have had ongoing review from a number of implementers
have asked in WhatWG circles, response was that they don't know about this stuff so they don't respond to it
am hearing from individuals working on implementation at various implementers, particularly Webkit and Mozilla
Microsoft has a couple people involved also
we do need to get input on the scope of the document
and work out what belongs in this doc, and what goes in the ARIA implementation guide
rs: think ARIA should go through Last Call
sf: no problem, just laying out the plan
involvement of more people slows down because of more review cycles
cs: completing the ARIA implementation guide should free up resources for this work
have some major time zone challenges for meetings
js: it is a substantial effort, appreciate it's coming together
sf: meta generator has a change
js: discussed earlier in call, moved to MAY
expect to impact us only if a change proposal comes forward
jb: which we expect, but have to await
sf: best outcome would be that spec has stuff that conformance checker implementers would follow
cs: remember there are multiple conformance checkers
pc: note announcement of first batch of editors
<janina> scribe: janina
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136 of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/this/this stuff/ Found Scribe: Judy Inferring ScribeNick: Judy Found Scribe: MichaelC Inferring ScribeNick: MichaelC Found Scribe: janina Inferring ScribeNick: janina Scribes: Judy, MichaelC, janina ScribeNicks: Judy, MichaelC, janina Present: Michael_Cooper Janina_Sajka John_Foliot Judy_Brewer Léonie_Watson Rich_Schwerdtfeger Paul_Cotton Steve_Faulkner Cynthia_Shelly Found Date: 26 Jul 2012 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/07/26-html-a11y-minutes.html People with action items:[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]