HTML Weekly Teleconference

07 Jun 2012


See also: IRC log


Radhika_Roy, +25686aaaa, dsinger, paulc, ddorwin, Sam, jaymunro, eliot, KevinStreeter, Mike, Julian_Reschke, +1.613.491.aabb, Clarke, [Microsoft], Aaron, adrianba


<trackbot> Date: 07 June 2012

<scribe> ScribeNick: glenn

ACTION items due by Thursday, June 7

ACTION-217: Create an updated Caret ring focus (Rich, Ted, Frank)

<trackbot> ACTION-217 Create an updated Caret ring focus (Rich, Ted, Frank) ISSUE-201 CP notes added

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0016.html

<dsinger> issue-201?

<trackbot> ISSUE-201 -- Provide canvas location and hit testing capability to fallback content -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

rubys: any updates?

paulc: some discussion on TF happened
... cover under TF reporrt


<trackbot> ACTION-219 -- Edward O'Connor to review Michael Cooper's CP for ISSUE-199a -- due 2012-06-07 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/219

paulc: ted asked for extension
... look under announced list

<rubys> action-219 due 14 June

<trackbot> ACTION-219 Review Michael Cooper's CP for ISSUE-199a due date now 14 June

ACTION-219: extend one week to 14th

<trackbot> ACTION-219 Review Michael Cooper's CP for ISSUE-199a notes added

<paulc> Ted's request: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012AprJun/0027.html

New Issues this Week


Items Closed last Week


Items Closing Next Week

ISSUE-205: text-editing-canvas, Survey closes Jun 7

<trackbot> ISSUE-205 Define what author guidance and/or methods should be provided to those that wish to create accessible text editors using canvas as a rendering surface. notes added

ISSUE-203: media-descriptions, Write Alternate or Counter-Proposal

closes Jun 10

<trackbot> ISSUE-203 All Media Elements should have the ability to have both short and longer textual descriptions associated to the element notes added

New Calls this week


<paulc> The Huawei rep is probably one of the ??P items in the list of phone participants.

New Surveys This Week


Decisions This Week


<paulc> Could the Huawei rep please contact paulc at pcotton@microsoft.com to discuss the WG phone mechanics.

Task Force Reports

<rubys> Here what I would report if I were to attend the meeting

<rubys> * We meet as planned on June 5th 2012 (meeting notes ->

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Jun/0004.html)

<rubys> * Spring Cleaning Part #1 Completed (updated 353 tests to use /resources as

<rubys> the vroot for testharness.js)

<rubys> * Expecting a new test submission/contribution from Mathias Bynens

<rubys> * David Zbarsky updated the Opera Microdata tests with feedback from Simon

<rubys> Peters

rubys: Testing TF
... discussion?
... A11Y TF

MikeSmith: janina usually does, but can't make today's call
... updated CP for ISSUE-31c, meta generator exception
... will be provided by Friday
... also further discussion on ISSUE-194
... proposal around transcript element
... progress made on agreement, but further discussion needed

<MikeSmith> issue-199?

<trackbot> ISSUE-199 -- Define complete processing requirements for ARIA attributes -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/199

MikeSmith: ISSUE-199 is another issue
... janina needs to discuss with ted

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-html-a11y-minutes.html

rubys: what is next step on ISSUE-194?

MikeSmith: expecting to have TF consensus call, but didn't happen
... due to lack of agreement on CP
... JF, Sylvia, Eric, and Ted needed further discussion

rubys: questions?

Other Business


<trackbot> ISSUE-201 -- Provide canvas location and hit testing capability to fallback content -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

rubys: note from frankolivier about aligning proposals

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0020.html

frankolivier: awaiting feedback from Ted

paulc: chairs will follow up, but probably not until next Monday after mjs returns
... will try to push along


<trackbot> ISSUE-204 -- Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule that prohibits reference to hidden elements -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

rubys: got indication TF will object to any/all SHALLS
... ready for survey, but not sure
... would like indication that a consensus may be obtained first
... haven't heard back from janina yet
... wants to hear something back soon

[who's talking?]

<rubys> here's what I posted: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0021.html

cynthia: asks mike to follow up

rubys: media teleconference times

paulc: tuesday 1500Z looks like best time
... will work with editors to create agenda for next week's first meeting
... mikesmith has worked on admin tasks, public-html-media@w3.org is new ML
... people will need to subscribe
... also a tracker assigned to telecon slot
... changed bugzilla linkage for components prior used, now linked to new public-html-media ML
... will send out email announcing agenda tomorrow

rubys: AOB?
... ISSUE-189?

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0021.html


<trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

scribe: needs follow up from ted, otherwise will treat as withdrawn

julian: this action went to chair of A11Y WG, so maybe feedback will arrive

rubys: ted's CP says editor can do what he wants, but rubys said needs more specificity

julian: will look at CP

rubys: any other other business?

Scribe for Next Meeting

rubys: will assign at meeting time



trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/06/07 16:25:35 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/undeer/under/
Succeeded: s/anothere/another/
Succeeded: s/mike/MikeSmith/g
Succeeded: s/frank/frnkolivier/
Succeeded: s/frnkolivier/frankolivier/
Succeeded: s/all ?/all SHALLS/
Found ScribeNick: glenn
Inferring Scribes: glenn
Default Present: Radhika_Roy, +25686aaaa, dsinger, paulc, ddorwin, Sam, jaymunro, eliot, KevinStreeter, Mike, Julian_Reschke, +1.613.491.aabb, Clarke, [Microsoft], Aaron, adrianba
Present: Radhika_Roy +25686aaaa dsinger paulc ddorwin Sam jaymunro eliot KevinStreeter Mike Julian_Reschke +1.613.491.aabb Clarke [Microsoft] Aaron adrianba
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012AprJun/0026.html
Found Date: 07 Jun 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]