HTML Weekly Teleconference

08 Mar 2012


See also: IRC log


+1.417.671.aabb, hober, joesteele, +1.415.595.aacc, Joseph_Scheuhammer, Julian, paulc, [Microsoft], adrianba, glenn, eliot, krisk, Mike, Mark_Watson, Radhika_Roy, dsinger


<trackbot> Date: 08 March 2012

<scribe> scribe: glenn

<scribe> agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JanMar/0022.html

Action Items Due by March 8


<trackbot> ACTION-209 -- Paul Cotton to set up an encrypted media propsal task force, due next week -- due 2012-03-08 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/209

<paulc> See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0275.html

paulc: posted outline for a Media TF
... used same template for accessibility TF
... should close action item

close ACTION-209

<trackbot> ACTION-209 Set up an encrypted media propsal task force, due next week closed

Mark Watson: feedback on issue?

paulc: will discuss feedback by next week
... moving this forward to set up TF, didn't set up deadline, will do a CfC with deadline on TF creation
... early feedback appreciated

New Issues This Week

There is 1 tracker request


paulc: holding off action... may have by next week

Items Closed Last Week


<trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

paulc: two proposals, will move to next stage

Items Closing This Week


<trackbot> ISSUE-170 -- make URIs valid link relations -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/170

paulc: looking up status


<trackbot> ISSUE-192 -- title attribute definition does not match reality -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/192

paulc: CfC closed yesterday


<trackbot> ISSUE-204 -- Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule that prohibits reference to hidden elements -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

CfC closes on Saturday, blocks ISSUE-30

Items Closing Next Week


<trackbot> ISSUE-80 -- document conformance and device dependent display of title attribute content -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/80


<trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131


<trackbot> ISSUE-158 -- HTML4's content-model for <object> should continue -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/158


<trackbot> ISSUE-205 -- Define what author guidance and/or methods should be provided to those that wish to create accessible text editors using canvas as a rendering surface. -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/205

paulc: all in call for counter proposals
... comments?

New Calls

paulc: CfC on May F2F, closes tomorrow March 10

ISSUE-187? CfC


<trackbot> ISSUE-187 -- Document conformance has to be stable over the time -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/187


<trackbot> ISSUE-198 -- Ensure innerHTML and related APIs are subject to the W3C patent policy -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/198

paulc: have issued call for counter proposals, still discussing where work should be done... HTML vs WebApps
... have called for counter propossal, while discussing place for work continues
... comments?

New Surveys


Decisions this Week


<trackbot> ISSUE-183 -- Enhance and simplify the time element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183

issued CfC, received no objections;

TF Reports

paulc: accessibility TF has not met, any input?
... didn't meet for last 2 weeks due to SbSW meeting

testing TF

<krisk> Notes from Testing TF Meeting -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Mar/0003.html

krisk: if folks making changes to testharness.js, please make in correct location

<krisk> Changes to testharness.js need to be done at https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/resources/

krisk: working on canvas and bidi tests


a) CfC: Publish ten heartbeat drafts as WDs http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0247.html

Chairs' decision:


target pub date is March 15, [tm] is handling this...

<eliot> Will work with Mike

paulc: any editors on call should work with Mike ([tm])
... to meet hearbeat requirements

b) CfC: Close ISSUE-182 footnote-recommendation by Amicable Resolution http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0250.html

Note: Awaiting Chairs' decision.

c) CfC: Close ISSUE-188: generic-track-format by Amicable Resolution http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0251.html

Note: Awaiting Chairs' decision.


<trackbot> ISSUE-182 -- Advice in spec about annotations promotes inaccessible content -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/182


<trackbot> ISSUE-188 -- Text tracks in HTML should be defined in a way agnostic of the specific caption format -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/188

paulc: ... don't want to add to work queue yet, but expect decision shortly

d) Revert request


Note: Awaiting Chairs' decision.

e) Revert Request for "http+aes" scheme (see also ISSUE-179) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0235.html

Note: Awaiting Chairs' decision.

paulc: chairs have not yet processed, but are discussing; response expected soon
... New AOB

<paulc> CfC: Close ISSUE-179 av_param by Amicable Resolution

<paulc> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0277.html

paulc: will be able to move amicable resolution on remaining zero change proposal, march 15 deadline
... one other question on list:


<trackbot> ISSUE-164 -- remove or modify hgroup -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164

paulc: chairs are reviewing CPs

-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0237.html

Next Meeting

<adrianba> i can scribe

paulc: sam to chair, adrian to scribe



trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/03/08 17:23:14 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 0.98)

Succeeded: s/???/Mark Watson/
Succeeded: s/object/objections/
Succeeded: s/???/testharness.js/
Succeeded: s/deadlie/deadline/
Succeeded: s/Adjournment/Next Meeting/
Found Scribe: glenn
Inferring ScribeNick: glenn
Default Present: +1.417.671.aabb, hober, joesteele, +1.415.595.aacc, Joseph_Scheuhammer, Julian, paulc, [Microsoft], adrianba, glenn, eliot, krisk, Mike, Mark_Watson, Radhika_Roy, dsinger
Present: +1.417.671.aabb hober joesteele +1.415.595.aacc Joseph_Scheuhammer Julian paulc [Microsoft] adrianba glenn eliot krisk Mike Mark_Watson Radhika_Roy dsinger
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JanMar/0022.html
Found Date: 08 Mar 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/03/08-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]