Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference

08 Mar 2012


See also: IRC log


George, George Thomas


<trackbot> Date: 08 March 2012

<rreck> zakim can randomly pick someone

<bhyland> Scribe: George

<gatemezi> @Sandro: I may have some trouble.. can you hear me?

<sandro> @gatemezi I can't hear you speaking, no.

<bhyland> Minutes http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-02-22

<bhyland> Last meeting's minutes, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-02-16

<scribe> Chair: Bernadette Hyland

<mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-02-23

<scribe> Scribe: George Thomas

approve 3/23 minutes

Approve 2/23 minutes

<BenediktKaempgen> +1 minutes

<rreck> +1 minutes

<fadmaa> yes

minutes approved

<olyerickson> +1 Approve Minutes

<gatemezi> +1 approve minutes

time difference note - 1 hr earlier for many

<bhyland> Next two meetings (15, 22 March 2012) will be one hour earlier for EUROPEANS due to US DST

<mhausenblas> Michael: Mainly/only for the Europeans


sent list email for GLD WG review

4 ISA vocabs input to GLD

<olyerickson> * Not just about ADMS, but also ISA "people," "core business,' "location"

bhyland: defer most discussion to meeting with PhilA

<bhyland> See Semantic Assets on https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/allasset/all

<George_> olyerickson: TWC/RPI appreciates ADMS and ISA vocabs

<Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to talk about ISA stuff

<George_> bhyland: agenda will be updated with ADMS/ISA links

<George_> mhausenblas: overall thumbs up, look toward reuse

<George_> ACTION: PhilA to add links [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/03/08-gld-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-57 - Add links [on Phil Archer - due 2012-03-15].

<gatemezi> I guess this URL is for Person ? https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/semic-eu_core_person_17/release/200

<George_> george: pursuing interest in vocab.data.gov as ADMS repo, and +1 to mhausenblas on reuse and his Person effort as extending ISA core stuff


<gatemezi> URL for all the set of vocabs here https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/all

<sandro> PROPOSED: Publish Data Cube Vocabular Spec FPWD

<sandro> PROPOSED: Publish Data Cube Vocabulary Spec FPWD

<mhausenblas> +1

<sandro> +1 (W3C)

<boris> +1

<George_> +1

<BenediktKaempgen> +1 (FZI)

<lbermudez> +q

<boris> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/data-cube/index.html

<bhyland> RDF Data Cube Vocab Editors Draft, http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/data-cube/index.html

<George_> lbermudez: concerned with OGC / ISO concepts

<George_> mhausenblas: post FPWD is a good time to address those issues/concerns

<George_> lbermudez: wrt Data Cube

<bhyland> Sandro: Process re: FPWD, we are saying today, 'we are comfortable with publishing this for initial feedback and input'.

<George_> sandro: FPWD means out for comment - could note lbermudez concerns in draft

<George_> lbermudez: agree that comment on alignment with OGC/ISO would be good

<George_> sandro: comments typically requested within 4 weeks

<George_> sandro: last call comment period means internal issues are resolved, and comment period is typically 3 weeks

<George_> sandro: FPWD raises issue - 'this section is under discussion - see issue xxx'

<George_> mhausenblas: clear that FPWD has captured, but doesn't need to be resolved in FPWD

<George_> lbermudez: put comments in issue tracker?

<bhyland> Issue tracker for Data Cube, see https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products/3

<mhausenblas> ISSUE-3?

<trackbot> ISSUE-3 -- Date and Time Format -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/3

<George_> sandro: may be there already - see cube product link

<George_> sandro

<George_> sandro: issue 32? @ lbermudez

<bhyland> issue-32

<bhyland> issue-32?

<trackbot> ISSUE-32 -- Relationship to ISO19156 - Observations & Measurements? -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/32

<George_> bhyland: email list, chairs, noting issue link

<George_> lbermudez: item 1 in issue-32

<George_> mhausenblas: so put pointer in DataCube FPWD to that

<George_> sandro: need a WG resolution to issues

<George_> mhausenblas: anyone can address - and close - or note desired follow up

<George_> sandro: chairs can also close issues

<George_> ..

<George_> ... @ lbermudez - a particular spot to focus/emphasize?

<George_> lbermudez: will look again

<George_> lbermudez: also offering to help section (x.x) editors

<sandro> PROPOSED: Publish Data Cube Vocabular Spec FPWD, after adding a reference to ISSUE-32 (worked out between lbermudez and the editors)

<George_> sandro: amend proposal

<sandro> PROPOSED: Publish Data Cube Vocabulary Spec FPWD, after adding a reference to ISSUE-32 (worked out between lbermudez and the editors)

<mhausenblas> +1

<George_> +1

<boris> +1

<sandro> +1 (W3C)

<gatemezi> +1

<George_> bhyland: editors are RC and DR

<BenediktKaempgen> +1 (FZI)

<sandro> RESOLVED: Publish Data Cube Vocabulary Spec FPWD, after adding a reference to ISSUE-32 (worked out between lbermudez and the editors)

<lbermudez> +1

<George_> bhyland: we have consensus


<sandro> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/dcat/index.html

<George_> bhyland: F2F discussed having a burst on DCAT - @ fadmaa and olyerickson

<George_> olyerickson: 2 minor but still unresolved actions re: addition of lang and date type - has open action (#?) to corral/resolve and summarize current status - outstanding

<George_> ... not happy with quality of wording of this editors draft - but hasn't had bandwidth to deal with it yet...

<fadmaa> +q

<George_> olyerickson: one other point - personally inexperienced with generating W3C blessed TR's - re: DCAT - don't know what's right/wrong from W3 persp

<George_> ... can capture technical/adoption issues, but need W3 oversight

<George_> fadmaa: agree that DCAT needs further work and coordination - but recommends going to FPWD without too much more collab required

<George_> ... prioritize discussion to direct and indirect access

<Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to talk about what FPWD is about, again

<bhyland> +1 Fadmaa

<George_> mhausenblas: waxes professorial on process

<George_> ... all we need is a rough idea of what is the deal for FPWD

<George_> olyerickson: thanks to mhausenblas - helpful input

<George_> bhyland: question about DCAT editor access to olyerickson

<George_> fadmaa: noted subclasses of dcat:Distribution and direct/indirect access are urgent prior to FPWD

<George_> bhyland: URI construction is the olyerickson issue

<George_> olyerickson: notes many are happily using DCAT

<bhyland> PROPOSED: Publish DCAT Spec as a FPWD,

<mhausenblas> +1

<BenediktKaempgen> +1 (FZI)

<olyerickson> +1

<bhyland> +1

<boris> +1

<sandro> +1

<fadmaa> +1

<gatemezi> +1

<George_> .5 - see fadmaa

<bhyland> Resolved: Publish DCAT Spec as a FPWD

Best Practices

<George_> bhyland: mhausenblas or boris input?

<George_> ... thanks to boris

<boris> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/bp/index.html

<George_> need Vocab selection input on accidental subsumption / entailment

<George_> prob need more discussion / input on characteristics and varieties of 'linked data app/server'

<George_> bhyland: desire to get BP out in March

<George_> boris: to WG - read and comment please

<George_> ... some sections in better shape than others -

<George_> bhyland: some parts in need of attention

<mhausenblas> Michael: wondering what we do with People now?

<bhyland> vocab-people

<bhyland> vocab-org for the Organizational Vocabulary

<bhyland> vocab-data-cube for the RDF Data Cube Vocabulary

<bhyland> and gld-bp for the Government Linked Data Best Practices document.

<gatemezi> @bhyland: Can I help for the glossary in BP doc?

Short Names

<George_> mhausenblas: People ?

<mhausenblas> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/people/index.html

<George_> bhyland: discussion deferred for PhilA attendance

<George_> ... mhausenblas input invoked

<bhyland> @gatemezi, absolutely you can help. I'll follow up with you directly by email, ok?

<George_> mhausenblas: UC and Req's are needed regardless of ISA input

<George_> ... put out FPWD with note of intent to integrate ISA

<George_> ... or leave those overalapping parts out

<mhausenblas> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/people/index.html

<George_> ... to WG - either 'let's wait', or 'let's push it out' (see link)

<sandro> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/people/index.html#mapping-to-isa-core-person-vocabulary

<George_> mhausenblas: ISA core has Person - People ED section 6 says 'mapping' to ISA Person

<George_> ... however, given ISA then start with that and map to other widely used notables (schema.org, etc)

<George_> ... so the emphasis is on UC's and Req's

<bhyland> PROPOSED: Publish People vocab as a FPWD

<mhausenblas> +1

<bhyland> +1

<boris> +1

<gatemezi> @bhyland: perfect!!

<deirdrelee> +1

<gatemezi> +1

<George_> +1

<bhyland> Approved: Publish People vocab as a FPWD

<rreck> +1

<rreck> oops too late

<bhyland> wow, 4 vocabs going to FPWD from today's meeting, cool!

<George_> bhyland: notes incredible productivity of GLD WG members

<George_> ... any other vocab related discussion today?

<boris> Lyon?

<George_> ... PhilA - may conf in France

<gatemezi> WWW in Lyon?

<George_> Sophia Antipolis

<mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/2012/06/pmod/

<gatemezi> * Sophia-Antipolis is where we are located

<sandro> https://www.w3.org/Member/Meeting/2012ac/May/Overview

<George_> bhyland: raise this AC meeting as possible F2F (as per PhilA)

<George_> sandro: not a public meeting - an AC meeting

<bhyland> Consider GLD WG F2F3 to coincide with [http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/ TPAC in Lyon, France 29 Oct - 2 Nov 2012.

<George_> bhyland: proposed 90min meeting next week - PhilA on ADMS/ISA and boris on BP - notes an hour earlier for EU members

<gatemezi> thanks!!

<rreck> thanks, bubye

<George_> thanks all

<BenediktKaempgen> bye

<bhyland> adjourn. have a great rest of the week all!

<fadmaa> thanks

<olyerickson> +1 to "bubye" ;)

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: PhilA to add links [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/03/08-gld-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/03/08 16:03:13 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: George
Inferring ScribeNick: George
Found Scribe: George Thomas
Scribes: George, George Thomas

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Approved BenediktKaempgen George_ George_Thomas MacTed Michael PROPOSED aabb aacc aadd aaee aaff aahh aaii bhyland boris cygri danbri davidwood deirdrelee fadmaa gatemezi george gld https joined lbermudez mhausenblas olyerickson rreck sandro trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120308
Found Date: 08 Mar 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/03/08-gld-minutes.html
People with action items: phila

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]