HTML Weekly Teleconference

19 Jan 2012


See also: IRC log


GlennAdams, Julian, dsinger, Sam, [Apple], hober, adrianba, Cynthia_Shelly, paulc, +1.206.850.aaaa, eliot, Mike, Laura_Carlson


<trackbot> Date: 19 January 2012

<scribe> Scribe: glenn

Actions Due by Thursday, January 19

<rubys> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference

<trackbot> Date: 19 January 2012

<rubys> agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JanMar/0003.html

<scribe> chair: rubys

<scribe> scribe: glenn


<trackbot> ACTION-207 -- Paul Cotton to confirm that change proposal for av_param is still active -- due 2011-01-31 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/207

rubys: progressing, moved to end of month


New Issues This Week

<rubys> ISSUE-193?

<trackbot> ISSUE-193 -- Remove CSS example that promotes inaccessible content -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/193

<rubys> ISSUE-194?

<rubys> ISSUE-195?

<rubys> ISSUE-196?

<rubys> ISSUE-197?

<rubys> ISSUE-198?

<trackbot> ISSUE-194 -- Provide a mechanism for associating a full transcript with an audio or video element. -- raised


<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/194

<rubys> ISSUE-199?

<rubys> ISSUE-200?

<trackbot> ISSUE-195 -- Enhance http request generation from forms -- raised

<rubys> ISSUE-201?

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/195

<rubys> ISSUE-202?

<trackbot> ISSUE-196 -- Define user agent http response handling behaviour -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/196

<trackbot> ISSUE-197 -- Accept attribute should allow file extensions in addition to the current allowed values -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/197

<trackbot> ISSUE-198 -- Ensure innerHTML and related APIs are subject to the W3C patent policy -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/198

<trackbot> ISSUE-193 -- Remove CSS example that promotes inaccessible content -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/193

<trackbot> ISSUE-199 -- Define complete processing requirements for ARIA attributes -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/199

<trackbot> ISSUE-200 -- Allow wrapping LEGEND (or new iLEGEND) in non-FIELDSET elements -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200

<trackbot> ISSUE-201 -- Provide canvas location and hit testing capability to fallback content -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

<trackbot> ISSUE-202 -- Missing alt should not be considered conforming in the presence of figcaptions over 50 words in length -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/202

rubys: will go through these later in agenda

also tracker request under other business

deadline of jan 14th producing much activity

Items Closed Last Week


<trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

rubys: call for counter proposals

Items Closing This Week

ISSUE-180? allowpopups, Call for Consensus closes Jan 18

ISSUE-181? remove-sidebar, Call for Consensus closes Jan 18

ISSUE-187? validity-stability, extension closes Jan 21

ISSUE-190? coding-example, Change Proposals due Jan 21

ISSUE-191? ins-del, Change Proposals due Jan 21

ISSUE-192? title-attribute, Change Proposals due Jan 21

Items Closing Next Week


New Calls This Week

ISSUE-185? drop-pubdate, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals closes Feb 16

ISSUE-188? generic-track-format, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals closes Feb 16

ISSUE-189? uri-web-prefix, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals closes Feb 16

ISSUE-193? inaccessible-example, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15

ISSUE-194? full-transcript, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15

ISSUE-195? form-http-req, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15

ISSUE-196? ua-http-resp-handling, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15

ISSUE-197? accept-file-ext, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15

ISSUE-198? innerHTML-patent-policy, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16

ISSUE-199? aria-processing, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16

ISSUE-200? legend-placement, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16

ISSUE-201? canvas-fallback, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16

ISSUE-202? figcaption-words, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16

New Surveys This Week


Decisions This Week


<trackbot> ISSUE-186 -- conformance error for use of role=presentation on interactive elements -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/186

rubys: closed without prejudice due to lack of CP

questions/comments on any of above?

Other Business

(a) ISSUE-177? ietf-id-wip





<trackbot> ISSUE-177 -- References to Internet-Drafts should be given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177

rubys: material that may change CP
... julian: have you noticed rfc status has changed?

julian: shall i revise?

rubys: did CP talk about multiple?

julian: 2 or 3
... can raise as new bug (?where?)
... thanks for notifying about change of status

rubys: discuss further as need on email

(b) Bug 13651: request for extension



rubys: extension has been resolved, ISSUE-202 created

(c) Change Proposal for issue 182 sent past deadline



rubys: reopened based on CP

(d) New Issue Request: media textual descriptions




rubys: ISSUE-203 has been opened, call for CP

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0098.html

(e) Open Web Platform Weekly Summary - 2011-12-12 - 2012-01-15


rubys: starting up after vacations
... folks should review

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0099.html

(f) Feb 11 is important deadline for RFI

rubys: questions/comments?

<laura> What is the Chairs' plan to move on ISSUE-30 longdesc? Is there a timeline?

laura: wondering about plan for ISSUE-30 is there timeline?

<laura> Paul had previously mentioned that the Chairs had estimated that they would be finished reviewing proposals on December 11.

<laura> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Nov/0227.html

rubys: is mjs on call?

<laura> On December 15 Maciej said he hoped the final review would be out before the holiday break.

<laura> http://www.w3.org/2011/12/15-html-wg-minutes.html#item11


<trackbot> ISSUE-30 -- Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for images -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30

rubys: waiting for draft from mjs

Scribe for Next Meeting

paulc: up for chair
... needs scribe

ted: volunteers to scribe


<laura> bye

trackbot-ng, end meeting

<trackbot> Sorry, glenn, I don't understand 'trackbot-ng, end meeting '. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help

trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/01/19 17:21:08 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: glenn
Inferring ScribeNick: glenn
Found Scribe: glenn
Inferring ScribeNick: glenn
Default Present: GlennAdams, Julian, dsinger, Sam, [Apple], hober, adrianba, Cynthia_Shelly, paulc, +1.206.850.aaaa, eliot, Mike, Laura_Carlson
Present: GlennAdams Julian dsinger Sam [Apple] hober adrianba Cynthia_Shelly paulc +1.206.850.aaaa eliot Mike Laura_Carlson
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JanMar/0003.html
Found Date: 19 Jan 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]