See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 16 January 2012
<olivier> Scribe: Alistair
<olivier> ScribeNick: Alistair
olivier: Reminds people to fill out the form for the face to face, even if they are *not* planning on coming.
Olivier: Last week a number of us
took on use case work from out Use-Cases an requirements docs.
... does any body need help with their UC work at this point?
<chrislowis> Alistair: do we know which ones have been taken up / started yet?
<chrislowis> joe: I took on UC6 and plan to start before the f2f
Joes: I took on UC6, but I have not posted my draft yet. I will do this for the Face to Face.
Chris Rogers: I will start working at UC3 tonight and work towards something more complete by the face to face meeting.
Olivier: The two UC's that have not been taken yet are: 4 (online radio broadcast) and 8 (UI sounds)
Chris Lowis: I can probably take a look at UC4 if needed.
Chris Rogers: UC4 looks like it could fall under UC1.
Olivier: We are going to keep it
separate just to see if there is anything in there that does
not fall under UC1.
... a prospective UC9 has been inquired about. IE: Language learning applications. A speach based application.
Alistair: Is there microphone use in UC9?
Olivier: we have not had much review on the spec that we publish in Dec. This is OK given that these are first public drafts. If you know people that may be looking at this, please encourage them to send their thoughts on the public mailling list.
Joe: I have reached out a developer making games, and he is doing work for a pretty well known game vendor. I am trying to reach out to them.
Olivier: We want to get them involved in reviewing on the mailling list.
Chris Rogers: As far as games in concerned, I had a busy week last week meeting with Zynga and EA. EA are doing some interesting things, I am not sure they have anything ready to show at this stage.
<olivier> Crogers: mentions Tom White's message - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2012JanMar/0024.html
Chris Rogers: In my work, I drew upon widely used specs like OpenAL and FMOD and some of this was specced out in earlier IASIG 3D specs.
Olivier: What kind of IP issues might be involved with the framworks you looked at?
Chris Rogers: I do not believe there are any IP problems with the specs I looked at. We should ask Tom White about this.
Olivier: I will talk to Tom White about this.
<olivier> ACTION: Olivier to ask Tom White about potential IP issues regarding OpenAL, FMOD etc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/01/16-audio-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-16 - Ask Tom White about potential IP issues regarding OpenAL, FMOD etc [on Olivier Thereaux - due 2012-01-23].
<olivier> ACTION: Alistair to get feedback from game developer contact [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/01/16-audio-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-17 - Get feedback from game developer contact [on Alistair MacDonald - due 2012-01-23].
<chris> IASIG3D link:
Chris Rogers: Another company that might be interested in giving feedback are Dinamoe who created Plink. (See above links)
Olivier: I would like to drop
this agendum pending the use-cases, we should take this up at
... The f2f adgenda will be based around the use-cases and requirements work, getting these ready for review.
... We should also look at the specs we have, in relation to the use-cases and recs.
... The goal of the f2f would be to get a clear view of what kind of specification we will be building based on the use-cases and requirements. Ideally this will give us a better road map for the next few months.
... Does anybody have any specific question that you would like us to tackle at the f2f?
<olivier> Joe: asks about the status of the "Temporary Heap"
Joe: Are we going to be talking about the 'temporary heap items' ? I have things in there I would like to examine, and take a pass at during the f2f.
Olivier: Good point. Ideally at
the end of the f2f, we should have eliminated the temporary
... If you have anything you would like to add to the f2f meeting agenda, please reach out on the public mailling list.
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136 of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/Opan/Open/ Found Scribe: Alistair Found ScribeNick: Alistair WARNING: No "Present: ... " found! Possibly Present: Alistair Crogers F1LT3R_ IPcaller Joes Olivier P0 P8 Ronny ScribeNick aaaa audio chris chrislowis foolip https inserted joe joined kinetik marco_ paul___irish quinnirill trackbot You can indicate people for the Present list like this: <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary <dbooth> Present+ amy Regrets: ROC Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2012JanMar/0022.html Found Date: 16 Jan 2012 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/01/16-audio-minutes.html People with action items: alistair olivier WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]