12 Jan 2012

See also: IRC log


+1.415.595.aabb, Radhika_Roy, GlennAdams, Julian, eliot, paulc, Janina_Sajka, Cynthia_Shelly, Mike, tantek, [Microsoft], krisk


Zakim: +1.415.595.aabb is me

<eliot> did not

Julian, still willing to scribe?

<Julian> mjs, no - did I say so?

Julian: I may have misunderstood - right after I asked for a volunteer you said "once I can tell Zakim!"

<paulc> We can hear you.

<scribe> scribenick: mjs


<trackbot> ACTION-207 -- Paul Cotton to confirm that change proposal for av_param is still active -- due 2011-01-05 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/207

New Issues This Week

<paulc> ACTION-207 is due next week

MS: none
... 3 tracker requsts: http://w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=TrackerRequest

Items Closed Last Week

MS: none

Items Closing This Week

MS: ISSUE-189 uri-web-prefix


<trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

Items Closing Next Week

MS: ISSUE-187: validity-stability extended til Jan 21


<trackbot> ISSUE-187 -- Document conformance has to be stable over the time -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/187

MS: ISSUE-190: coding-example, due Jan 21


<trackbot> ISSUE-190 -- Replace poor coding example for figure with multiple images -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/190

MS: ISSUE-191: ins-del due Jan 21


<trackbot> ISSUE-191 -- Replace/complement <ins> and <del> elements by a cleaner wysiwyg-safe attribute-based solution -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/191

MS: ISSUE-192: title-attribute due Jan 21


<trackbot> ISSUE-192 -- title attribute definition does not match reality -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/192

MS: due Jan 21

CS: (inquires about nature of Jan 21)

MS: see the issue description

CS: Steve is probably going to send something

JS: and he will probably have task force backing

New Calls this week

MS: quite a few this week
... ISSUE-180: allowpopups, Call for Consensus closes Jan 18


<trackbot> ISSUE-180 -- Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180


MS: ISSUE-179: av_param, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals closes Feb 11


<trackbot> ISSUE-179 -- {audio,video} require param child (or equivalent) -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/179


MS: ISSUE-181: remove-sidebar, Call for Consensus closes Jan 18


<trackbot> ISSUE-181 -- remove remains of "sidebar" link relation -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/181


MS: ISSUE-172: restore-rb, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals closes Feb 11


<trackbot> ISSUE-172 -- restore <rb> as an optional element -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/172


MS: ISSUE-183: enhance-time, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals closes Feb 11


<trackbot> ISSUE-183 -- Enhance and simplify the time element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183


MS: ISSUE-184: data-element, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals closes Feb 11


<trackbot> ISSUE-184 -- Add a data element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/184


<tantek> aside: I've worked to resolve differeing opinions on ISSUE-183 and don't know of any outstanding alternate opinions on it - if anyone does, please let me know so we can attempt include that in the consensus.

MS: ISSUE-185: drop-pubdate, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals closes Feb 11


<trackbot> ISSUE-185 -- Drop the pubdate attribute -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/185


MS: ISSUE-131: caret-location-API, Call for Proposals closes Feb 11


<trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131


MS: clock is ticking
... any questions?

JS: in last week's TF call we discussed 131
... we will have a CP from the TF, Steve Faulkner will be the editor

MS: thanks; any other qustions?

New Surveys this week

MS: None

Decisions this week

MS: ISSUE-182: footnote-recommendation, Closed Without Prejudice


MS: closed without prejudice means you can reopen it just by submitting a Change Proposal
... any questions?

Task Force Reports

MS: testing task force?

KK: I'm here

<krisk> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Jan/0001.html

KK: we met as planned last week
... meet again this coming week on normal schedule
... there were some offline app cache tests
... that's one big thing

<krisk> offline appcache tests are in HG http://test.w3.org/html/tests/submission/Infraware/

KK: more bidi tests submitted

<krisk> http://test.w3.org/html/tests/submission/html5bidi/

MS: accessibility task force?

JS: accessibility TF has been busy
... decided on approach w/ Steve F as editor
... the rest of our attention is on 100+ bugs; deciding which we need to escalate
... expect as many as 5 more escalations
... one more meeting planned to categorize
... will relate various bugs that are related
... trying to organize the issues and combine related bugs

<janina> http://www.w3.org/2012/01/12-html-a11y-minutes.html

JS: text sub team met this week
... several issues were discussed; talked about title
... you can expect a meta generator request to reconsider next week
... great interest and concern to respond to longdesc
... that's it

MS: any questions or comments about task force reports?

Other Business

Scribe for Next Meeting

<glenn> i can volunteer


<tantek> bye!

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/01/12 17:37:31 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found ScribeNick: mjs
Inferring Scribes: mjs
Default Present: +1.415.595.aabb, Radhika_Roy, GlennAdams, Julian, eliot, paulc, Janina_Sajka, Cynthia_Shelly, Mike, tantek, [Microsoft], krisk
Present: +1.415.595.aabb Radhika_Roy GlennAdams Julian eliot paulc Janina_Sajka Cynthia_Shelly Mike tantek [Microsoft] krisk

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 12 Jan 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/01/12-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]