11 Jan 2012


See also: IRC log


Marco_Ranon, Gez_Lemon, Everett_Zufelt


The passcode does not seem to work for me

It either says "The conference is restricted at this time" or "the passcode is incorrect"

either is fine by me

IS there a limit to how many conferences there can be at a time?

ah ok

<scribe> scribe: hhillen

Fixed bugs

<MichaelC> drop item 6

<MichaelC> drop item 7

Invalid bugs

<MichaelC> agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jan/0055.html


MC: No Action

LW: I will take out the a11ytf keyword


MC: This one already has a tracker issue, so it's already escalated

HH: It's associated with http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/129

LW: Do we still need to track it if it has already been escalated?

MC: That's something that should be discussed


MC: Already assigned to a tracker issue


MC: It's an old issue that dropped off the radar. We assigned it to Gregory but maybe we should assign it to Steve
... This should be part of the (possibly yet to be created) ARIA mapping tracker issue


MC: Already has a tracker issue


MC: Requester already marked it as invalid, so there's no need to track it. I'll remove the a11ytf keyword.


MC: This should be a feature request


HH: This is a user agent rather than an HTML feature

MC: Should we remove the a11ytf keyword?

LW: It's out of the scope of this spec so it should be filed somewhere else.

MC: I'll remove the keyword. It's something that should be handled by UAAG


HH: This is more related to WCAG than HTML

MC: I'll ping Joshue, this bug should be added as a WCAG technique
... Removing the a11ytf keyword


MC: I propose we reassign this to the HTML A11Y API component.
... That means assigning it to Cynthia
... Marking it as reopend


MC: I think the HTML spec should address this, but I think it's more informative
... I don't want to escalate this bug but I also don't want to drop it

HH: To me this is not an a11y issue but a privacy issue in general
... And not related to HTML5 in particular

MC: I'll add a note that this is a valid issue but that we're not sure who the owner should be (perhaps UAAG or Privacy), or that it even belongs in HTML. The issue is not related to accessibility but to privacy in general.
... I can alert the person who is handling privacy about this bug


MC: Some API from the Web Apps WG should handle this

LW: An API would make sense if it's platform neutral

MC: Maybe we can raise this as a question at the task force meeting tomorrow

LW: It's really a feature request though, a request for something that's absent rather than broken
... So our options are treat it as a feature request or escalate it

MC: We'll treat it as a feature request, it's relevant but does not need to be escalated now
... We could change the resolution state from 'invalid' to 'later'
... I'll make that change now


MC: Escalating seems problematic, dropping doesn't quite sound right
... I'll assign it back to Greg but take of the a11ytf keyword, no other changes


MC: We need to have a way of not dropping this. It's a relevant issue but related to MathML and not HTML
... We should remove the TF keyword, add verify invalid
... We may have to consider having another call on Friday
... We'll process Cynthia's issue now

Fixed bugs

Cynthia's questions

MC: Bug 8000, Cynthia asked if it could be closed


MC: We should stay focused on escalation, this one is already escalated and she 's asking about de-escalation. We should email back to Cynthia that we leave this to her judgement


MC: Cynthia's proposing to let this one go
... I'll remove the TF keyword


MC: There is nothing we can do for this, it should go back to the task force



MC: We agree with wont fix and out of scope


MC: No objections


MC: We should leave that on Cynthia's plate


That would go back to the task force


MC: That's fine, we don't need to do anything.
... We need to figure out if we should drop the a11ytf keyword for bugs that are already verified or that have been add to tracker


MC: Are we going to escalate on an example? This might fall under the 'pick your battles' thing

LW: Yes, the request is correct but probably not worth picking up right now

The above applies to 13542


MC: We're leaving this one alone


MC: If Cynthia wants to escalate this she can do this on her own steam, the bug triage team does not see the need to escalate


MC: I don't think we want to pursue this


MC: We should put this on the list for tomorrow


MC: NOt one for use to escalate



MC: Nothing for us to do


MC: Nothing for us to do


MC: Does not need escalating
... Friday we'll look at the fixed and needs info bugs
... And go through the tracker issues

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/01/11 19:37:19 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: hhillen
Inferring ScribeNick: hhillen

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: HH LW LeonieW MC MichaelC https inserted kliehm
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Regrets: Marco_Ranon Gez_Lemon Everett_Zufelt

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jan/0055.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 11 Jan 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/01/11-a11y-bugs-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]